3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ghillie suit Build-a-long  (Read 428 times)

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ghillie suit Build-a-long
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Couple of questions:  Why the hot glue, couldn't you stitch it all and not have the shine from the glue or is this to much work.  Do you only mist it with flat black paint or use some of the other camo colors as well.  Also how about the boonie hat, do you leave a space in front open of jute so you can see out.

I would like to try this as well.

Offline Dave521

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2008, 04:29:00 AM »
the hot glue is just easier and it is waterproof, but youo could stitch each knot on the netting if you want. As for the spray paint you just mist it, and I guess you could use other colors as well. the booniue hat you leave the front open for your face and just use camo grease paints to cover your face, I used the hood that is rolled up in the collar of my jacket and added a peace of a camo mesh head and face cover I had around, easy to see through and not such a pain to wash off. well guys this is going to be my last post for a while since i am in the process of looking for a house, and won't be able to work on the suit for a while. the pics I posted are basically what it will look like when it is completely finished. sorry about that, I hope I gave you all enough info to build one your self if you want to try it.

Dave

Offline trcytylr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2008, 08:14:00 AM »
I just bought mine off **** for $45.00  light weight pants, jacket, head cover. I tried to build my first one, but it weighed about 40#   :)
Jordan Stalker 3pc Takedown 52@28 64"

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2008, 09:49:00 AM »
I just purchased mine off of(www.cheaperthendirt.com for $69.99, it's a style that goes right over your camo.  Not a bad price either.  I did that about five days ago, and now they've had so many orders.  They've discontinued it because agents get back orders.  Must be a popular item.  It's the head cover, jacket, and pants.

BA
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Dave521

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »
Hy everyone, I am sorry I haven't posted in a while, between moving and getting married I haven't really had much time nor did I have access to the web until recently. a soon as I can I will get some pics of the finished suit, although I haven't taken it hunting yet, I was able to get within 25 yards of a couple of mule deer wearing it this summmer while scouting. so I guess it works ok LOL. Thanks for all the great responce to this build along.

Dave521

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©