3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rose Oak Tomcat! SWEET!  (Read 240 times)

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
Rose Oak Tomcat! SWEET!
« on: October 05, 2008, 05:31:00 PM »
As I posted earlier, I have been having some neck and shoulder problems caused by some disc degeneration. To make a long story short, I flat could not shoot my 55#-58# bows. A few weeks back, I called Brandon at Rose Oak Creations and asked him about his Tomcat recurve. I ordered one in 48#@28" and I got it faster than I could've ever believed! Shooting this bow is a real pleasure and though I don't own a chronograph, on my little range here at home, I have had to make very little adjustment. I am shooting the same arrows, 590 gr. and although I know it can't be as fast as my other bows, there is no noticable difference in arrow flight/trajectory out to 30 yards. Just an excellent little bow at a super price! What started out as a "fill in" bow is fast becoming a favorite. May have to sell off another bow and get a another set of limbs! Kudos to Brandon and Rose Oak! Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rose Oak Tomcat! SWEET!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
Glad to hear you are shooting  :thumbsup:  Lets see some pictures when you can. He really makes a nice looking bow, and seems really fast on delivery! I still don't have one in the collection  :D  

Brent

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 05:45:00 PM »
Good Luck and Good Shooting with your new bow. Brandon does make some beauties for sure.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 10:30:00 PM »
I really like my RO T/D. Hap

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »
Take good care and Brandon thats great of you.People really care in tradtional archery.
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline bihunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2008, 01:26:00 AM »
I have a Wildcat. Great shooting bow. Great quality. Brandon is a true craftsman.

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »
Mike, Brandon made me a Tomcat a couple months ago and I couldn't be happier. I don't think you are imagining the speed. This thing is fast. Isn't one of Brandon's models still one of the fastest Blacky tested to date?...correct me if I'm wrong, but I seemed to recall that. It is also the quietest recurve that I have owned.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Conrad, I think I did read that the RO bow Blacky tested was one of the quicker bows he'd tested. I know it is fast enough to suit me! Mike

Offline c ott

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
Mike, did you go with the brown or gray riser? I opted for the brown/brown glass version myself. This has got to be among the best values going currently.

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »
I bought the gray with the black glass. I told my family to pass on the usual birthday gifts and taking me out to dinner this month and get me another set of limbs. I am having pretty good luck with my therapy and want a bit heavier set. I wouldn't mind getting another Tomcat in brown....maybe I hold off on the limbs until Christmas and.........! Mike

Offline BD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2008, 10:09:00 AM »
They are plenty quick and Brandon is a great guy. Someone posted some chrono numbers a while back that his wildcat was identical in speed to an RER of the same draw weight and draw length and both the RO and the RER were slightly faster than a heavier weight Palmer if I recall correctly.
BD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©