3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone else out there stupid?  (Read 300 times)

Offline Jim now in Kentucky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Anyone else out there stupid?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 08:45:00 AM »
I'm more stupid. I live in Maine and keep thinking I'll see a deer! They are all TOTALLY nocturnal where I am. I see them often at night when driving but almost never if there is any daylight.
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Reminds me:
  I once went antelope hunting in a state next to where I normally went. I mistakenly went 3 days before the season started. Made a great stalk and shot a doe behind a round bale at 2 yds. Man I thought I had a great day until the next when I over heard a guy in a shop say he and his buddies were going hunting opening day, the day after tomarrow. I turned myself in and got fined. Had my boy with me too. Now the kids ALWAYS ask me if I have a legal tag for this or that? And is it in season? Made an impression on the kids when the officer came and fined me and took the meat.
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
Whoops!  At least you has your bow with you.  I drove an hour for late season one early AM and when I got to my spot couldn't find my bow, then realized it was still snoozing comfortably at home, right where I left it.  Ok, forgetting a knife, lunch, or hat is pretty bad, but my bow, man did I feel stupid!  
Or how's this, my rookie archery season I walked away from a glunking bull elk, didn't know what that sound was!  
You are not alone!  Good luck the rest of the season.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©