3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Basket quiver question PICS added  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Basket quiver question PICS added
« on: January 02, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
Ive been reading over the basket quiver build along and im wondering how much of each type of reed to purchase.  Maybe someone has done this before and can lead me in the right direction.  Im looking at starting with the exact same size as the build along so i know how much half oval i need to order.  THe major question is on the 1/8" round and the 1/4" flat?  Hopefully someone sees this soon and get me an answer before the day is over so I can run to the store this afternoon as I have the afternoon off.  Thanks for the help guys.... Dustin

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Basket quiver question PICS added
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
ttt

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
Ah cmon theres gotta be someone out there that can help me on this.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Generally, basket making materials comes in bundles. Pic the sizes you will need for your quiver and get a bundle of each. When you are done, you'll have plenty to make more quivers.    Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
sweet thanks a bunch

Offline Auzoutdoor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 06:05:00 AM »
Hi Dustin if you mean the baskit quiver I made on the other site I bought the materials from a shop that repairs canes furniture and they sold the materials by weight.I think I got about 2 pound of each as I didnt know how much it would be and I have made 2 quivers and still have enought for prob four more.he he.It was not dear and cost me about $80 Aus which I thought was a good price for enough to make so many quivers.
Cheers KIM
Australian Outdoor and Archery

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 05:03:00 AM »
I recieved my stuff in the mail to get started but i have one last question im hoping can get answered from the experts.  If i soak the reed and dont use it can i just roll it up and soak it again later to reuse it?  IF thats the case what happens when the basket quiver gets wet in the rain or something.. its not going to turn to a mess is it?  Should i spray it with a water repellent or a sealer?

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »
alright its done but i cant get it off the form any tips??  Need some help ASAP.. im thinking of trying vegetable oil to lube it up i think i made the middle section way too tight.. It was small reed I might have gotten a bit carried away is there any way to get this thing off the pvc pipe or am i screwed here.

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
You may have to remove that tight section to get it off of the form and reweave it after the other part has dried.
   You can reuse the cane after it's been wet. Be sure it is dry before you store it so it won't mildew. After the quiver is made and well dried you can spray or brush with shellac or poly. This will make it more water repellant. With a basket being airy in structure anyway,it should dry pretty fast.   Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2007, 11:11:00 PM »
Well i got it finished a little shot of vegetable oil some time to let it set in and Kabam it wiggled off.  I didnt get the top of the quiver all figured out but it held together and im kind of impressed with my first shot at it.  Here is the pic

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e349/trdtnlbwhntr/IMG_0625.jpg

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Looks great, nice job!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline sar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »
Dustin,
That looks great.  Can you tell me where you ordered from?  I've been thinking of building one of those as well.  Also, about how much of each material did you order?
Thanks,
Stephen

Offline Dustin Waters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 10:58:00 AM »
basketpatterns.com  The place is called Arnies i guess or something like that they are located in Michigan and I have enough material to make about ten quivers i think.  The thing about the material is that it only comes in 1 pound spools so you have to order one pound of each material.  That means you are going to have a bunch leftover.  I would send you some of the stuff i have but i think ive got some requests coming for quivers.... The total cost of the build including shipping was 33 dollars... and like i said there is at least 5 quivers maybe more in a pound of all the materials you need.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©