3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: all about tiller  (Read 144 times)

Offline Chub

• Trad Bowhunter
all about tiller
« on: October 06, 2008, 08:41:00 PM »
hey gang i need some info on tiller. i ordered my recurve for 3 under.top tiller is 7' and the bottom is 7.25'. shouldn't it be 0' top and bot and or what is the usual for 3under and split im confused ?

Offline R H Clark

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: all about tiller
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 11:45:00 PM »
Thought this was answered on the other post but here goes.

Most bows are 1/8-3/8 pos tiller,which means more length on the top when measured from the fade to the string.These bows can be shot split or three under no problem just by adjusting the nock point untill it tunes properly.

Some bowyers don't bother with changing tiller for three under or split as they don't think it really matters.Some do change tiller and it is usually even tiller for three under.

On bows with adjustable tiller archers shoot anything from 3/8 or a little more pos tiller to just as much neg tiller.It depends a lot on the shooter and his release.Some think tiller matters more than others.

I wouldn't be worried about a quarter inch difference either way, split or three under.I know you want to make sure your new bow is built correctly but your release will effect arrow flight more than that quarter inch IMHO.

Good luck
Randy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©