3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad gangers first, I need a Knife  (Read 646 times)

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
Trad gangers first, I need a Knife
« on: March 01, 2007, 09:28:00 AM »
Guys I am in the market for a reasonable, but attractive hunting knife with gut hook, with around 5-6 inch blade, Have an add posted in "packs and knives" but no response wanted to post this here, in all eyes on, area before I look elsewhere,, Just tryn to keep it in the circle..Much Regards...
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Patrick Henry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad gangers first, I need a Knife
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
If you have access to a few hand tools, and are the do-it-yourself type, you could make your own using a kit.  It's all done for you.  You just add the scales, shape them to your liking, and your done.  Here's an example:                    http://jantzsupply.com/cartease/item-detail.cfm?ID=SS782K

A great sense of accomplishment when your finished.

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 12:43:00 PM »
Hey Patrick thanks for the info , cool looking kit , wish I had the time,, Victoria huh?,,, I have killed a many a duck and geeses in Seadrift, freelance there every year for the last 5,,,Love that place and the people and the oysters and the scenery and the...... hoping to live there eventually!!!!1
“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing”

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
I sent you a PM with thoughts.  If you want I'll start getting a list together of people I know would do a great job... convincing them to will be your task!  :)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline strick9

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »
Pm answered, not wanting to twist an arm here, just wanting to keep my efforts amongst good people. Used or new is fine, just that it works !

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Have you looked at a Buck "Vangard" with a guthook blade?  Decent enough knife for the money.  It's not 5 or 6 inches long but I haven't seen many guthooks with a blade that long.
Otto

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©