3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Left bevel vs Right  (Read 273 times)

Offline Bill Tell

• Trad Bowhunter
Left bevel vs Right
« on: October 09, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »
So I have been thinking about all of the goodies Dr Ed has given us here recently and I was wondering if left bevel is less reliable then right bevel?

Wouldn't a left bevel always stress the integrity of the arrow if the head is a screw in?  I am not referring to glue on heads just screw in.

My thought is the left bevel will always twist away from the threads of the insert challenging the mechanicle advantage of the threads.  Dr Ed said that the rotation of the head is much faster then the rotation of the arrow and I have field tips back out all of the time.  

If it breaks loose wouldn't this effect the force time by losing energy faster?  Wouldn't it put a high degree of leverage on a weaker part of the system the heads screw post?

I know that you can glue the head in but then that really kinda defeats the purpose of having a screw on head.

Just a few thoughts.
"I'm going to find my direction magnetically. " Eddie Vedder

Offline ISP 5353

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Left bevel vs Right
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 09:16:00 AM »
I put a little string wax on the threads and they screw down tight.  I have never had a problem or needed to glue them.  I have shot some single bevels into some pretty dense targets and had no problems yet.  Good luck!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©