3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: bound and determined.... a PA story  (Read 429 times)

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: bound and determined.... a PA story
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
set up a ground blind on the same trail I saw these bucks traveling in my earlier story... Got there nice and early so I wouldn't spook any deer.  Even then it was hard to do with the moon out the way it was.  I heard some crashing around at first light, but wasn't seeing anything at all. I made one doe bleat and heard even more crashing and this time it was getting closer.  I grabbed my bow and prepared for the shot....

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2008, 09:35:00 AM »
I saw antler moving through the apple trees and came to half draw. He took a couple more steps and stopped right in my shooting lane.  Here in western PA we have a 4 point to one side rule in our Wildlife Management Unit.  I started counting points, which was hard to do since he wasn't the big boy.  4 on the one side!  I sloely eased to full draw, and let her fly.... I watched as my arrow flew right over his back. =)  Well, that wasn't exactly how I had planned it, but it certainly made for an awesome morning.  Now that one of the youngins is educated, I am headed after one of the big boys.  Don't get me wrong, I would have been so excited with this little guy, as it would have been my first buck kill with tradgear. Regardless, i saw 2 other small bucks and one turkey from the same spot. I'll get back at them thursday night or friday morning.  I hear the weather is going to cool off some... so I am really excited for this weekend.  I also found 2 areas that are loaded with rubs and scrapes.

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2008, 09:40:00 AM »
alright, off to work I go. Anyone else in PA see things heating up?

Offline outbackbob48

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2008, 01:28:00 PM »
Superkodiak, I live about 15miles south of Erie an I saw 3 bucks today, 2 button bucks an a 6pt. I think the mornings are much better than evenings, alot cooler an less human activity. Good Luck Bob

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
Bob,

I completely agree, the mornings have been amazing.  I just got a job up here in Erie, so it's been tough getting a new spot and all. The 2 or 3 hours before work have been invaluable in figuring out deer movement.  I have always been an evening hunter, but I am certainly learning to appreciate the mornings more and more.  I haven't seen another hunter yet! I know of many other guys who have been hunting this same spot, hopefully all evenings! =)  Good luck to you Bob.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©