3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Weird arrow flight  (Read 128 times)

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
Weird arrow flight
« on: October 09, 2008, 01:26:00 PM »
When I bare shafted my carbons they flew alright from about 10 yards. I fletched them and now when I step back to around 20-25 yards I can easily tell that the back end is kicking to the right after the shot.
I put a lighter head on and it was worse than with a heavier head. I'm thinking they are over spined and I need heavier heads.
What do you guys think?
I don't want to mess with the strike plate or anything...

Bakes
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline O.L. Adcock

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Weird arrow flight
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
Yep, that happens more often then not when you use the "kick" method...O.L.
---Six NAA/FITA National and World flight records.----

Offline Whump

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Weird arrow flight
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »
Whump Sez; Are you a left handed or right handed shooter, what weight bow, your draw length, arrow size and length and point weight?  Where are your arrows grouping, to the left or right?   That kick you are talking about could be your release. If you are having tuning problems always give plenty of info.  If you are over spined---all things point to it by an increasing problem going to a lighter head---you will make the problem worse by moving the strike plate out--so unless you can move it in some that is not an option for fixing the problem . You have 2 options to keep the same shafting and make it shoot correctly for an over spined condition----[1] you can raise your brace height some which will pre-load the limbs more starting out and this will make your shafting act weaker,  if this helps but does not correct the problem completely  then [2] you can  add more point weight---if you bare shafted correctly a combination of the 2 above should get you going.   Hunt Safe

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©