3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: griz attacks Wyo. bowhunter  (Read 667 times)

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
Re: griz attacks Wyo. bowhunter
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2008, 02:15:00 PM »
AnointedArcher-thats funny!

So does the dad get to keep the bear?  That is a trophy for the wall if there ever was one!!!!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline Tyler Carlson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
I am shocked that the man who was mauled chose to run from the bear, especially given the fact that he was a guide who was probably familiar with griz and their habits.
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Offline Inhimwelive

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Hera ya go..
In Him we live and move and have our being , make a joyful noise, sing unto the Lord, tell him of your love, dance before him...

Offline mikecc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2008, 05:08:00 PM »
That's a helluva story. You would hope you would have the backbone to stand your ground and make the shot like the dad. Alot of people would probably react too slow. It's things like this that made me take a concealed weapons course so I can legally pack a sidearm if I feel the need.

Offline Al Dean

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
What amazes me, is that in my book they did everything right, and look at the results.  Things turned out great.  I want to see the results of the person who played dead or stood their ground not making eye contact.  My rule is and always has been, the bear may get me but it ain't no free lunch.  This father and son are on my real men list.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2008, 07:15:00 PM »
Originally posted by blueslfb:
Thats quite a story.  I am glad he was able to live to tell it.  As far as not carrying a sidearm while hunting in griz country, "Better to be judged by tweleve than carried by six!"
I'm with ya on that, brother.  That's another great example of a law that really needs to be disobeyed.

Offline UCBerzerkeley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
From the article:

"Trying to pull the trigger release string on his bow, Leming realized there was no time to shoot the bear himself, so he moved behind a tree and began running around it to buy time. Then he ran down hill, figuring he could move faster in that direction."

Perhaps the making of a trad hunter right there.

Offline StickBowManMI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »
Joe

Why not tell the story about you and your buddy and guide being attackred by a grizzly? I think that a lot of people would like to hear the story.
Tom

Offline UCBerzerkeley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2008, 11:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by StickBowManMI:
Joe

Why not tell the story about you and your buddy and guide being attackred by a grizzly? I think that a lot of people would like to hear the story.
Tom
I have *heard of* this story before but never been able to find it on the forums. I am new, and certainly would enjoy hearing the story in full

Offline Coldfingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2008, 01:04:00 AM »
God's guidance on that arrow for sure. Them durn humpback bears can ruin a fellers day even without chomping on him. The areas I bowhunt seem to be infested with the buggers.

As to the feller running...ya do what ya do when them things are moving at you. He was going to get chewed on no matter what.

Bows are great hunting tools but not the best defensive tool, even with The Father guiding the arrow. I believe in the God given right to pack iron.

Out with the story Joe.

Scotty
Porquipines are peacefull creatures, but God still saw fit to give them quills.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©