3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Built Me some Carbons.  (Read 218 times)

Offline Tom L

• Trad Bowhunter
Built Me some Carbons.
« on: October 11, 2008, 02:03:00 AM »
Well after shooting wood for years I broke down today went to a local shop and got some 5575 GT shafts. I also have some coming from Badger but you can't have to many arrows. No wander people like these things. No sealing shafts no strighting just fletch em and you are ready. I left them full length and weighted them with .155 weed eater line and with 3 banana's and a 250gr head they weight in at 684gr. They are all the same weight and they are all stright and they all shoot like darts. I like em.  :bigsmyl:
Gal. 2:20 Let Jesus Live

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Built Me some Carbons.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »
way to go wellcome to the 21st century  :clapper:
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 06:40:00 AM »
nothing like going over to the dark side and using new materials for hunting. I have used the carbon from the little skinny type of about 10 years ago. I still thave these with the outserts for shooting stumps. Can not get them to break with the outserts and blunts. I do also use the 5.5 inch bananna fletch on the shafts as well.
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
I can't do without my carbons AND my wood arrows. I love them both. I have been shooting the carbons all summer. I decided to pull the 80#-85# POC arrows out...They are soooo silent and I actually was shooting just as well as with the carbons....they will both remain in my arsenal.  But I know what you mean about not having to tinker with wood to get a good shooting arrow....I guess I like to tinker once in awhile.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline Tom L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 12:41:00 PM »
Ya I'm Kinda the same way. I don't think I'll ever be without wood arrows. But my carbons shoot great and they are verry quite. I have changed jobs I pastor 6 mission churches in trailor parks so I don't have as much time to tinker as I did.  I think if you didn't like to tinker some you wouldn't bowhunt
Gal. 2:20 Let Jesus Live

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©