3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: heavier tips better ! Why?  (Read 163 times)

Offline Bible5

• Trad Bowhunter
heavier tips better ! Why?
« on: October 11, 2008, 10:49:00 AM »
I have been experimenting with shaft sizes and different weight tips. Out of my 60# long bow I got better flight with 2018's with 145gr points then 2016s with 125gr points ( though the 2016's seemed to improve with the 145gr points)  I know that more weight up front makes the shafts more flexible but what else is going on. If someone could explain in simnple terms about how more weight is causing better flight I would appreciate it  I hate working blind. Thanx
"Your throne, O God, is forever and ever: A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness" Psalm 45:6

Offline p1choco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: heavier tips better ! Why?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 11:32:00 AM »
I could be wrong but I'll do my best.  Essentially the balance of the arrow is moved further forward so the arrow itself is being pulled along rather than pushed being guided to its destination closer from the front not the somewhere near the middle.  I believe the arrow recovers from paradox a slight bit quicker as a result.  So less energy is used to recover and better flight is achieved.  There are lots of threads that discuss FOC or EFOC and elaborate a lot more.
Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for yourself by looking out for your country.

- Calvin Coolidge

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©