3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gillie's in treestands?. . PICS ADDED  (Read 915 times)

Offline Dr. Ed Ashby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gillie's in treestands?. . PICS ADDED
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2008, 02:59:00 PM »
Hey Curtis, glad to see that you FINALLY got started building your Gillie Suit. LOL. You'll be amazed what it does when stalking too!

Here are a few Gillie Suit photos; in a low tree stand and ground stands.

The camo glove is off the left hand in this next photo, so you can locate the position.

These next two photos are 'in the open'. This first one is from five feet away.

This one is from three feet away.

And here are a couple of bows with 'tree bark camo' to finish the suit off (their camo finish was re-done after the two 'in the open' photos above showed the bow 'too visible', with not enough 'wrap around lines' to break the outline of the straight limbs).

A digital camera that shoots in both color and black and white are a great aid in getting a Gillie Suit's color balance and relative brightness correct. I shoot lots of photos during the final building stages of the suit, to check how I'm progressing and to see what hues and highlights to add. These suits are poncho type, using netting and yarn from WalMart and fabric stores.

Ed
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lonesome Wind

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gillie's in treestands?. . PICS ADDED
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
I used mine in treestands in Africa & had kudu, impala, wildebeest, & zebra th stand under without seeing me. That's a pretty good testament to me. I'd never have thought of it but my PH said if I refused to sit in an elevated blind then I must wear my ghillie, & it worked!
Keep your stick bent!
Vince

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©