3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone want to hunt south central ohio  (Read 527 times)

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone want to hunt south central ohio
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
Im taking 2 weeks off in november to hunt. its always nice to have someone to share storys with at the end of the day. It will be public and private land. ill be off from the 8-23. it will be south central and east central ohio. You can come for a day or the whole time whatever fits your schedule. Ill be hunting whatever is legal which should be deer, turkey, rabbit,grouse,squirrel,coyote,crow,and fur bearers if you have a fur takers permit. well if you want to join let me know what you think.
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone want to hunt south central ohio
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
celtic, sounds like a great offer, I would love to take you up on it, but not this year.

I'm sure you'll have a few join you.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »
thanks anyway

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
Celticknot...send me a pm,family lives in Zanesville. I'll be over hunting some this month the weekend of the 25th and am going to be back the weekend of the 8th or 15th (gotta check with work)... allways like to find trad guys to hunt with.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline ohiobowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 10:11:00 PM »
Celticknot, I would not mind trying to mesh schedules and hunt with you. I am off the 3rd through the 14th just to hunt. I am about twenty minutes from you and hunt in Carroll also.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »
sounds good i do alot of hunting in lancaster and at tar hallow.

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I was planning on taking some time off the first or second week of Nov to do some hunting. My plan-A is to come out to Ohio and camp/hunt Eastern Central Ohio, at Fernwood State Forest just south of Steubenville. I'm from Cleveland and hunted it some years ago. It was a nice piece of land with some awesome bucks then and  I doubt it's changed. Plan-B is to stay local here in Jersey. My job has been slow lately and if it stays this way I may be forced to stay here, but I really need to get out of here for a while. I camp/hunted Fernwood for a week once and loved it. There's a camp site right in the hunting area. Finances rule out hotels, but a week or so of straight time in the woods is what I need to get my head right. I will be traveling by motorcycle, and have a small trailer on the way for it. If something tragic doesn't come-up before then I'd be honored to do some hunting with you. My map has you about 60 miles or so from where I was going.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2008, 03:28:00 AM »
How much does it cost a non-resident to hunt all that in Ohio?
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
Bona, I believe you'll have about 140.00 total in license and tag. Your license will allow you to hunt all small game but you'll have to buy a deer tag at I believe is the same as mine at 24.00. So with about 115.00 to 120.00(license) and a 24.00 tag, 140.00 should get you in the ball park. ODNR should give you the exact price. Gotta run to the woods now. See ya!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline firewater100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
hvyhitter
     Im from the zanesville area and i dont know how much time you have spent in the area, but there is many pretty good public places. Tri-valley public, powellson public ,willscreek public, aep lands, avondale public, i know people how get nice bucks every year from these areas.
     I have seen nice ones but i am a bad hunter still learning and have not yet connected but i will in time.
     Please post any questions or private mess. I dont know a lot but would try to help.

Later

Scott
Later
         Scott Wagner
Firewater Unlimited bows
    Where there motto is
              -  F.  U.  -
I can do it on my own

WWW.benifits4kids.org

Offline firewater100

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
hvyhitter

Also i forgot i will be off the 7 through the 23 of nov. might be able to help more if you are around.

later

scott
Later
         Scott Wagner
Firewater Unlimited bows
    Where there motto is
              -  F.  U.  -
I can do it on my own

WWW.benifits4kids.org

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2008, 09:07:00 PM »
danny thats sounds awesome keep me updated and hopefully gods grace will shine on us.

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2008, 09:15:00 PM »
B.Glass the non resident license fee is $125. A deer tag is $24 and a turkey tag is $24.if you need any regulations info or any hunting info for ohio go to  www.wildohio.com  you should be able to find everything you need on there. Hope to hear from you. Happy Hunting

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2008, 09:17:00 PM »
i saw some 120-130 class bucks tonight. Ive got a feeling about this year its gonna be a gooden

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2008, 11:42:00 PM »
ttt

Offline captaincaveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2008, 12:03:00 AM »
I'm in.  I live in Logan, about 45 minutes from you.  Shoot me a pm

Josh

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »
Celticknot, I'll know by the end of this month if I can come out. Is there any place close to you to camp?
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline captaincaveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2008, 01:17:00 AM »
Hey Danny, shoot me a PM.  One of the properties I hunt is a campground about 20 minutes from Carrol.  The season is over and he has closed until spring but if I call Lew I might be able to get you a camp sight

Josh

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
ttt

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
I will be hunting Meigs and Athens countys from Nov 6 to the 16th we will be staying in the town of Pomeroy, I would love to meet up with any trad gangers from the area.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©