3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NYS southern zone hunters  (Read 10532 times)

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYS southern zone hunters
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2008, 07:18:00 PM »
congrats guys , nice deer :0)

Adam shot a nice turkey tonight , its now on our dinner plates :0) Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: November 01, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »
Very nice. Sorry bout the lost land..If you guys ever need a place to stay. I'm close to some state land in the Catskills.Your more than welcome. Tucker

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: November 01, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
Tell Adam congratulations, we can't even buy a turkey around my place, I feel bad for Joe he is just starting out and he can't even get a glimpse of one. I have shot tons of turkey over the years and have never seen it this bad around here.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Ontario Longbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: November 01, 2008, 10:00:00 PM »
Tdog,,Thanks for the offer,, I can't say enough about the great folks from NY state!!,,Frank
Black Coffee, Red Wine, Blue Waters, Green fields, Yellow sunsets,Whitetailed Deer,, All the Primary colors of Life ,,,.
I don't choose the deer, the deer chooses me.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: November 02, 2008, 10:55:00 AM »
Finally taking a short break from hunting every day. Managed to fill one doe tag in CT and one here in NY. Been chasing deer around Jersey with my buddies...plenty of action.

The bucks are starting to become more accesible and scrapes are showing up in a few of our better hunting areas. Seen 2 nice six pointers and one small eight. Its only going to get better the next 3 weeks. Plan on hitting the woods hard until my wife and I leave for London, England to visit our daughter Thanksgiving week.

So much woods....so little time....below is one of my favorite "ambush locations" in Jersey. Plenty of action around this crossroads....taking today off to regroup, get some healthy food in me and head back out tomorrow morning....Keep the faith...

"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: November 02, 2008, 11:19:00 AM »
Congratulations on the deer Joe   :thumbsup:  I had quite the morning today, I got in my stand hung up my gear nocked an arrow then watched my quiver fall to the ground, so I climbed down grabbed the quiver climbed back up and proceeded to knock my arrow off the bow and watched that hit the dirt   :banghead:  I could of got "P"ed off but I just said the heck with it I ain't climbing back down and I'm not going to let a little thing like that spoil my day. I never did see a deer but I took hair off a black squirrel, in all the years I have hunted I have only seen 4 of them around here, I had another shot at a grey but missed that one to, but I did have a good time. I wish Joe hadn't decided to sleep in, it was dead calm with a hard frost leaves were falling like rain, you don't see a hand full of days like that to often around here. My wife watched five deer cross the road by her horse and head right to my stand that is by there, oh well maybe next time out.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: November 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Finally getting some deer in close here.The only ones I had a close enough to shoot were in the 140 class.140 ounces that is.Two lone fawns.In another week Ill be tempted at carrying one of them out of the woods slung over my shoulder.

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: November 02, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
Joe looking good in that ASAT...Gotta love it.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: November 02, 2008, 06:27:00 PM »
Got out for the last hour and a half. Saw two HUGE coyotes. One lone doe. Took that stand down, and will replace the chain on it and set it up somewhere else during this week after work.
Heard that a very large deer was taken across the street from me....Im really hoping it wasnt the one I am setting up on.
Good luck guys.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: November 02, 2008, 06:37:00 PM »
Nomad88 shoots and scores!! Damon was having a few equipment issues and had missed a few deer. He got things squared away and made a perfect 25 yared shot on a nice big doe this afternoon. He was even nice enough to drag it out himself without getting help from his father in law(me). Well I helped for the las 40 yards. Hope he comes on to tell his story, h said he would try. Congrats!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Congrats to Damon !!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: November 02, 2008, 08:05:00 PM »
Way to go Damon!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Story please.......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: November 02, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »
way to go Damon!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Thats great Damon! lets have the details...ED
Put some air under it.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2008, 08:35:00 PM »
I knew he would connect, it was just a matter of time.
Wish I coulda been there, like we planned. I cancelled because my wife is sick, thus I had the baby. She took a nap, woke up and said "Why arent you hunting?".  :banghead:  
Congrats Damon...knew you would make the next shot after watching a few of your shots yesterday.
I hope you guys got pics?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
One pic. on the cell phone. It shows her on her side with his arrow sticking out right where the heart is. She did not go 40 yards! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
Does it get any better?
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2008, 05:16:00 AM »
Nice shooting Damon, kinda surprised you didn't shoot it in the head   :bigsmyl:  

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
I drilled a tree rat with a BH Sat morning after they tempted me for way to long.

Sun morning I had an absolutely perfect shot oppertunity on a 2 yr old 8pt only to put it thru his backstraps from 15 yrds away man did that suck alot I even entertained a thought about equipment that I haven,t had in a long long time....I went in the dirrection he went for the afternoon even though I know it was a non fatal hit

I had seen a 130 class 8pt in there last season and I found his bed which is where I ended up sitting for the afternoon...right IN his bed

Well I was right it was his bed only he's bigger than 130 now and coming straight at me 30, 20, 15, 10...crap why did I sit IN his bed now im standing in his bed and he's eyeballin the heck outta me at 10 steps and he's all of 140"s now with only 8pts still and clean.He doesn,t like me standing in his bed and kinda jumps outta there but gives me a 15 yrd shot.Granted he was lokking right at me but I drew when he couldn,t see me...

Maybe he ducked ,maybe I had some fever I don't know but it went just over his back.....now I'm really wondering about what I'm shooting this shouldn,t happen I practice nearly every day and can hit pretty good what gives,I havn,t thought about the other bow in yrs grrrrrrrrrrrrr   :banghead:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2008, 03:41:00 PM »
Tom I've seen you shoot, must of been the fever   :help:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©