3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NYS southern zone hunters  (Read 10531 times)

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYS southern zone hunters
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
Tom, put it on the white line on the belly. I KNOW you shoot better than that. and get that "other" bow out of your head!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
You are right Tom, better just go back to that "other bow".  Send me all your trad bows, I'll see that they are not around to cause you troubles...  :biglaugh:

BobW
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »
nice job guys congrats :0)
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »
Way to go Damon   :thumbsup:  Shawn sent me the pic yesterday.

The shot was kinda wierd and I figured out the why...it looked like my arrow just bounced right off him.There was a loud bang and then it bounced straight back at first I thought it musta bounced off the tree behind him.My magnus 2 tip was bent a bit and I couldn't find a mark in the tree...besides it was a 2 blade with 660 grs behind it it woulda stuck in a tree

It had to be his rack as he ducked...he was lookin right at me...i shoulda tried to shoot under him or the white line like Brent
said   :banghead:  why was I in his bed anyway   :banghead:  

This ones hard it's been buggin me all day
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2008, 02:09:00 PM »
To warm right now I'm going to wait till it cool again. I did see a real nice doe on the way in to work, she new I was unarmed.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: November 04, 2008, 05:46:00 PM »
They were moving last night and this morning.Last night my son Noah and I took a quick suburban hunt together to celebrate hi report card and we damn near stalked up on 2 doe through a weedy clay pit.We almost pulled it off but got busted by the only breeze all evening.  :banghead:This morning had 2 doe walk behind me and took a right instead of the desired left.DOHHH!!!! Bout an hour later on the same trail a real nice buck chased 2 doe all around my stand but they all eventually left on that same trail to the right without asking me to take one of em home.Last of all belive it or not, a hen golden pheasant.She was a beautiful little gal.I dont know who raised it or where she came from but she was way up on a mature pine and hardwoood mountain.I saw 2 bobwhite not far from there a while back which is unheard of there so someones raising birds.Pretty good morning in my book.3 more days for me to bowhunt, Im getting nervous.   :scared:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2008, 09:00:00 PM »
I cant wait for Saturday...man I gotta get back out in the woods. Good luck guys.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: November 04, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
yeah man they were running crazy today, saw 3 different bucks and 1 doe! hope to get a shot at them tomorrow, good luck to all.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: November 05, 2008, 05:58:00 PM »
Joe and I went out today after  work and school, we had a couple squirrels milling around at 20 yards, I was hoping they would come in  little closer so Joe could get a shot but the one chased the other off. We shot some stumps and had a good time any way.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: November 05, 2008, 07:08:00 PM »
Deer are not moving well in the am or pm. Midday movement is pretty good even thou it is hot. The last two days the deer made their move with maybe 15 minutes of shooting light left. Yesterday I climbed down 10 minutes before dark to try and stalk a couple bucks that came out at 80-90 yards and as I picked up my bow after lowering it to the ground I turned and was looking at a nice 6pt. coming right at me, he saw me at the same time and was gone. Tonight I grunted in a nice 8pt. but he got side tracked by a doe about 20 yards away in a nasty thicket. As I was leaving i lowered my bow down I hear a grunt, I quickly pull the bow back up and here he comes, right into 8 yards. It was just to dark and I could not pick a hole. I actually had a text from Curt and than Damon and than another buddy of mine while waiting for him to leave. After 15 minutes he finally turned and walked away. It was 5:32 before he left. Hopefully the weather will turn cool because things are heating up for sure in the deers world! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: November 06, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »
Come on NY'ers, it is warm out but it is heating up big time. The next week the woods should explode!! Saw 8 bucks tonight 7 young'uns chasing a doe and Mr. Big just watching. Passed a 6pt. at 10 yards in hopes of the big guy becoming interested. He stayed out about 50 yards. I had 7 1.5 year olds acting stupid for about 20 minutes. The poor doe finally got down wind of me and took the show with her!! Get in the woods asap as it is getting good! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: November 06, 2008, 07:46:00 PM »
I will be out Saturday. I just walked the dog and got to within ten feet of the boy I missed last week...he was bedded in my back yard.
Which hotspot was that Shawn? Jeesh....thats a lot of bucks.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: November 06, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »
Over to Lymans my bow only area. Damon sat the same stand a little over a week ago and saw 4 bucks from it. It is in a bottom and overlooks a few apple trees and a small creek. I have killed 8 or 10 bucks form that stand. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: November 06, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
I know that stand.......  :bigsmyl:    Go get 'em Shawn....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: November 06, 2008, 08:31:00 PM »
David, good to hear from ya!! Ya ought to come hunt with me!! I have a few stands that are hot and in the next week they will be smokin'!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: November 06, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
I took Mon and Tues off so I've got a 4 day weekend coming up at least   :bigsmyl:  

With a little luck maybe I'll get a do over.The swamp is pretty good size and there's a thick vane that he'll travel hopefully I can pick the right spot to camp out I'll see what side depending on the weather,I havn't checked to see what the wind forcast is coming up

Good luck everybody

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: November 06, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »
Tom I have 7 days until gun season but I have a bow only area and things will be awesome over the next week or so, best of luck!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: November 06, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Good luck Shawn. I would love to see ya get a nice deer.
I just got back from town...man the does are everywhere and acting jumpy. I saw two doing recon on another group. They made sure there were no bucks then joined the other does. The bucks were about 150 yards out in the field, I saw antler but couldnt see how big. There were four bucks total. Come on Saturday!!
                         -Jamie

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: November 06, 2008, 09:16:00 PM »
i'll be out tomorrow morning with John and saterday as well, good luck all!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »
tick...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©