3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NYS southern zone hunters  (Read 10515 times)

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYS southern zone hunters
« Reply #300 on: November 12, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »
Joe...Looks like I need to get my jersey tag you guys are having to much fun,good luck the rest of the way..ED
Put some air under it.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: November 13, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »
me too 3D. I sat 11 1/2 hours yesterday, dark to dark, and never saw a tail. Of course this is the same stand BobW missed 6 from, so they may have our number there.  :D
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: November 13, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »
I'm going to take Fri off to get the last day in. I saw seven deer yesterday afternoon, I used my climber now I remember why I haven't touched it in four years, It's a good stand but a pain in the butt   :eek:
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: November 13, 2008, 06:23:00 AM »
good luck finding that doe Jim. Some time after the season I have to have you help me get the straps right on this DB. I took it out the other day and can't get the sides to stay "out". I think someone messed with the strings on the outside.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: November 13, 2008, 06:30:00 AM »
I looked hard for her last night, I had a hard time sleeping last night I kept replaying the hit in my mind trying to figure out what went wrong. I used old school scouting to get on these deer, then blew it in the end. I'll be glad to look at your blind I'll bring mine so we can compare them, Rule #1 is do not mess with the strings   :scared:

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: November 13, 2008, 08:27:00 AM »
I didn't see anything last night and am not sure if I'll get out again before the orange army....maybe but not sure.

Congrads Joe and others that have taken deer
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: November 13, 2008, 08:56:00 AM »
I have been into deer everyday. Yesterday morning I saw 3 sm. bucks and 3 does. Last night I saw 2 nice bucks, one a 2.5 6pt. and the other at least 3.5 year old 8pt. I have been having a hell of a tinme getting a shot, both these bucks were under 25 yards a couple of times and no shots. I have hunted everyday for the last 2 weeks except this morning. I slept in and I am kicking myself. Damon and I sat from 5:30 yesterday morning until dark. Those all day sits are tough but we each were unto deer. Damon sat 3 different stands and I sat two. Gun openes Sat. but we have the bow only area so we will continue to bow hunt. I will hunt with the shotgun Sat. morning and that is it. I will catch up to one of the 17 different bucks I have seen so far. Shawn
Shawn

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: November 13, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »
Sounds good Shawn. I wish I had access to a bow only area. you're very lucky.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: November 13, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
I should also say that the actual breeding does not seem to be started yet as these bucks were all together. I think we are still 4 or 5 days away in my arae before it explodes. I have until monday and than back to work for 3 days and than a major surgery, and I do not know if I will be able to hunt after words, so I best kill something in the next week!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: November 13, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »
I could bow hunt Sat morning about 5' off the rd not far from a house right across from park/golf course.Probably the best spot too even if it sounds funny

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: November 13, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
Good luck Shawn !!

Now I,m really thinking bout that spot near the rd mmmmmmm

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: November 13, 2008, 06:02:00 PM »
I sat from 10 am until dark. I saw one squirrel and 19 turkey. No deer....until I got home and had a doe and yearling about five feet from the driveway.  :banghead:  
I will be making a last ditch effort tomorrow.
Good luck guys.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: November 13, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
One last try tommorrow evening in bath. I sure hope I see a deer. Good luck to all!

Pete
You get what you get.

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: November 14, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »
Out this morning for one last try!!!!!   :pray:  

GOOD LUCK My Friends!!!!!!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: November 14, 2008, 08:28:00 AM »
I'm going out at 1:30. I'm getting my 15 year old son, Ben out of school early for one more try. Boy, was he surprised when he found out he was getting out of school early to go hunting with me.
The deer where I'm hu8nting seem to start moving at around 2:00- 3:00. I have exclusive rights to the 80 acres I'm on, so I'll just keep right on trying. My tailbone is so sore from sitting on a 5 gal. bucket!

Here is where I'm hunting. I have been on the edge of the woods hunting. Should I be in the woods more? I see them in the field but have a hard time getting them close to my blind. The blind has been sitting there for a good week. There is a lot of sign in the field and at least 6 places where I've seen deer coming out of the woods into the field. Actual deer trails. Should I try to get them closer to me in the field or go into the woods where they seem to be spending more time?

The deer are coming out of that center island where the gold tree is and crossing to the right where my blind is.To the left of the gold tree is another small field that the deer cross into that center island. The field is roughly 45 yards across.They are on their way to a stream that is close by. Any ideas or suggestions? Been trying bleat cans and grunting. Also trying doe pee.
Thanks, Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: November 14, 2008, 09:29:00 AM »
Good luck Brian and Ben, I saw no deer this morning. I'm going to do a little workout at the "Y"  then it's back for the last sit of this season, well maybe not the last   :thumbsup:

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: November 14, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
Originally posted by horatio1226:
I'm going out at 1:30. I'm getting my 15 year old son, Ben out of school early for one more try. Boy, was he surprised when he found out he was getting out of school early to go hunting with me.
The deer where I'm hu8nting seem to start moving at around 2:00- 3:00. I have exclusive rights to the 80 acres I'm on, so I'll just keep right on trying. My tailbone is so sore from sitting on a 5 gal. bucket!

Here is where I'm hunting. I have been on the edge of the woods hunting. Should I be in the woods more? I see them in the field but have a hard time getting them close to my blind. The blind has been sitting there for a good week. There is a lot of sign in the field and at least 6 places where I've seen deer coming out of the woods into the field. Actual deer trails. Should I try to get them closer to me in the field or go into the woods where they seem to be spending more time?

The deer are coming out of that center island where the gold tree is and crossing to the right where my blind is.To the left of the gold tree is another small field that the deer cross into that center island. The field is roughly 45 yards across.They are on their way to a stream that is close by. Any ideas or suggestions? Been trying bleat cans and grunting. Also trying doe pee.
Thanks, Brian
If that were mine I know it would be one big food plot next year at this time!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: November 14, 2008, 10:11:00 AM »
I sat that rd spot last night even though I think it'd be better in the morning.It's actually 10yrds from the rd and 20yrds from the deer Xing sign.There's a laneway that access's the field from the rd and than 1 that connects the 2 fields between the hedgerow and I was hunting both those crossings hoping to catch 1 crossing the rd from the park.

I saw 2 bucks and 2 doe's but they headed towards the candyland stand which overlooks an apple tree in the hedgerow.

Had a pickup slow rt down lookin than turn around to look again so I figured there must be a good buck in the field just outta my view.

3rd time by the guy stops just down from the sign and gets out first looking under his truck till another car passed than he quickly was heading my way to have a look see on posted land....

At 5 yrds and me on the ground I say "excuse me" and the fella about fell over...scared the crap right outta him.He didn't have much to say and left after a quick "sorry didn't see ya"

The 2nd buck I saw was after that and he was a 2,1\\2 yr old so he didn't mess me up to bad I guess....no shots where offered but I'll probably bow hunt that spot during the gun season at some point.It's too close to a house and the rd to use a cannon so I should be all good

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: November 14, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »
Tom, you have to show me that spot sometime. I think I know right where you're talking about. LOL

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: November 14, 2008, 10:44:00 AM »
It ain't hard to figure out the golf course is across the st. My buddy knows the farmer better than I do it's actually his spot I've only met the farmer a few time's.Thats who tagged my doe last yr LOL he only got an extra 5 nusience tags this yr compared to the 10 last yr.Not sure how many the swamp got but I've got 1 in my pac.With the low #ers I'm seeing I'm not sure I wanna shoot another doe cept maybe the park deer LOL they need thinning

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©