3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NYS southern zone hunters  (Read 10514 times)

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NYS southern zone hunters
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2008, 07:25:00 PM »
.........Good luck to all----nice to be able to hunt this year-----
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 17, 2008, 08:37:00 PM »
Chuck - Congrats and Good Luck on sunday. It's good to see that you got your priorities straight.
  :thumbsup:
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
Way to go Chuck! That's quite an accomplishment these days.
Brian
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
21 years with the ole Chucker, HOLLY SHEET! just kidding bro, congrats!
 Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
I hope to get out Sunday...good luck guys!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »
Let's see the pictures!!!
Good luck everyone!!

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »
Well, I made meat this morning. It was kind of interesting but trying. I got in about 6:15am. At first light I have a doe and fawn come into the apple tree I am watching and I decide to take the fawn, it is only about 10 yards but I am up pretty high. I draw anchor and shoot right over him, yes him it turns out to be a button, he come right under me and I decide not to shoot. Just than I look back and another fawn comes up the hill looking like "where did everybody go"? the deer turns and gives me a hard quartering shot, I draw pick my spot and release, sounds good but did not see my hit. The deer runs down past me and stops at about 22-23 yards. I see it is bleeding but up high, I than realized I shot thru its ear. It gets nervous and starts to walk broadside, I draw pick a spot and release, perfect this time, the arrow entered high in the shoulder and took out both lungs. I got down right away and started trailing, there was quite a bit of stomach contents so I was gonna back out, but replayed the shot in my head and I knew it was good. I followed the blood about 60 yards and found him laying there, yes him. It was another button, Mom must of had twin buck fawns. I was still happy as I have some venison for the table for me and Dad. No pics. Larry, you know me, I do not get much into all that stuff, maybe a big buck and I will show a pic. but that is about it! I will be back out at 3pm. for another try. I am shooting most anything as I have to have some pretty serious surgery the 20th. of Nov.. It is of the type that is pretty personal so I will not go into detail. Take care!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
Congrats Shawn! How did Damon do?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
Way to go Shawn!!!!!  Go get some more now!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2008, 12:26:00 PM »
I ended up hunting by myself, I had some climber issues. Damon(Nomad88) sat until 10:30 in his spot in the Catskills and did not see a deer. We are going in this afternoon around 3pm. in the bow only area. He is gonna sit the stand he got his first trad kill out of last year on opening day and I am gonna sit a new stand on a creek crossing. If this wind stays NNE we will be golden. Thanks guys, I hope to put a few more on the ground in the next month, as I do not know if I will be able to hunt after the surgery. Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2008, 01:13:00 PM »
I had as shot this morning, hit a branch that I decided not to trim, I watched in horror as my arrow headed for the hind quarters thank God it missed all together. I saw 3 more bucks one 2 1/2 year old nice deer, then I heard talking I saw a couple Amish guy's marking my neighbors trees that kinda screwed thing up so I went home, getting ready for round two, I'm going to let that stand cool till Sun.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Only saw a sm 6pt this morning...heading back out shortly.

Good luck
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
I made meat as well and got a nice doe . The doe went past Adam and he spooked her trying to get his bow up . After that she came down towards me , when she hit the deer dander I laid down on the way in she came right onto my lane . I hit a little back but looked good and watched as she ran 30 yards then stopped and looked around . she walked around some then looked wobblie and went down over the gully bank and crashed . I didn't hear any more noise but waited till Adam came down to get me . We went back to the house for coffee and waite it out some then back to look . We found her right at the bottom as I thought we would and after photo's and cleaning we dragged her out , all up hill both ways :0) Headed out soon and to hunt at Dad's , pics later . Drew
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2008, 03:23:00 PM »
CONGRATS BROTHER!!!!!!!! email me pic's and i'll post them for you!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Shawn, Drew,   :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2008, 06:30:00 PM »
Congrats Drew   :thumbsup:
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2008, 07:58:00 PM »
Way to go guys! I had 2 does cross in front of my blind at 30 yards buy that was it. Going to try again tomorrow afternoon.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2008, 08:09:00 PM »
Well, we just got in, I saw 8 or 9 deer tonight and one nice buck but all 70 yards or farther away. I also had 9 or 10 longbeards t 35 yards for a while. Damon was into them something fierce,  I believe he saw 4 or 5 bucks and a couple does. He also dare I say? Missed, he had a spike come into about 5 yards but it was a tough angle trying to let his bow limb clear the stand. He sat a stand that I have killed 15 deer from over the years, when the apples are thick so are the deer. I also have soomething funny to tell. This morning while I was walking back to get my truck after leaving my deer by the roaed, curt Texted me. I texted back once and than said the hell with it and called him. While I was on the phone with him and standing at the back of my truck I see a nice buck walking across the field next to the farm house I hunt. I siad a quick goodbye and drove down the road to intercept this buck. He must of caught me as I rounded the hedgerow he was standing staring at about 60 yards, a very nice 9pt(125-130"). I hope to have a date with him tomorrow. Great day all in all! Shawn
Shawn

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Great stuff from a great guy! My season down here's been flat since it opened.

Thanks for sharing Shawn!!  :clapper:  

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Ru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2008, 08:34:00 PM »
I saw a nice black bear this evening she was at about 40 yards and headed some were fast. no deer but a nice evening all the same.   :archer:  
congrats Shawn and Drew.   :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©