3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Would you camo dip this(pics added)  (Read 1066 times)

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Would you camo dip this(pics added)
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
I've seen a fellow on Tradgang Classifieds trying to sell a BW that was dipped..it was on there for darned near a year with several reductions...don't know if he ever did sell it.  I think they look awful with that on them and wouldn't give $500.00 for one.  I think you're kidding yourself if you think the market will be as good for those dipped models as for the regular beauties.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Would you camo dip this(pics added)
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2008, 12:03:00 PM »
I just striped old paint off and am in the process of spraying a set of camo painted black widow limbs for a customer.The limbs are a set factory painted black at BW and sold at a cheeper price in 1994.At anyrate they had been re-camo'ed or dipped again since BW painted them black at the factory.Most likely camo'ed by the seller with some very good very hard to remove paint.The paint seemed to be so thick oddley enough it filled and covered the original BW stamping on the edge of the limbs which showed draw weight and serial numbers.But my customer did not know the second camo paint was added to hide a little damage(not bad and repaiable but there and well hidden none the less).But beleave me he will be real gun shy of purchasing any bow camo painted or dipped after this deal.It could now I say it could be used to hide a little bad spot...........yikes....bowdoc

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©