3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hard shell travel cases  (Read 310 times)

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
Hard shell travel cases
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »
Has any one tried or own a 3rivers travel case - standard model. how do you like it and whats on the inside. I'm looking at the recurve model to carry my bow to canada   :bigsmyl:
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hard shell travel cases
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 05:30:00 PM »
Look at Bass Pro for a Plano Guide Series Model 4588 "Airliner" rod case.  It expands from 48" -88" and is about 5" Min. OD.  I bought one for a recent Bear hunt and did not use it but it will be really nice for longbows.  I'll bet you can ship at least 2 longbows in it and it is very sturdy (molded plastic).  Only $44.99 and worth it.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline Brent Hill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 07:13:00 PM »
I bought one for canada and have used it for other plane rides.  Good case but it may not be necessary depending on how you pack and the style of bow.  I shoot a 3 piece takedown recurve and have started either using the soft cases (like the ones bob lee sells) or just wrapping my riser and limbs up in my clothes inside of my suit case.  It saves weight and space and possible airline fees.  For arrows, i do use the cheap pvc style arrow cases instead of putting the bow and arrows together in the same case to avoid damaging the bow.  Good luck bhill

Offline Outwest

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
I have one.

Used it on a horse and mule pack in trip this year. They are very sturdy. I don't think a horse could destroy it.
Put a three piece takedown recurve in it and had room to put 10 arrows an arm guard and shooting glove in also.
They work very well.

John

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©