3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Jersey Boys Where Did You Go?  (Read 846 times)

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
Jersey Boys Where Did You Go?
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:46:00 AM »
Haven't had much time to hunt this year and what little time I do I've opted to take the flintlock out for squirrel.

Just wondering how the Jersey boys been doing.  You guys had a loooong thread going then nothing since the season started.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline Deadbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jersey Boys Where Did You Go?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 12:10:00 PM »
ive been out only a few times for bow...been on deer every night i was out.  missed a doe last week on a walking shot...just couldn't get her to stop.

ive been spending all my free time hunting duck/geese with my new pup.  been training him all year upland and waterfowel so now i'm getting some gun time in with him.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
Not getting much time hunting with my work schedule.  Should be better in November.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 01:48:00 PM »
Not really seeing deer. land I can't hunt on now has feeders and the deer are over there.

I did get a shot on one this week, but I couldn't find any blood. I looked for 2 hours that night & 3 more hours the next day... Nothing not even the arrow.

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 01:50:00 PM »
I have been seeing plenty of deer but not the one i'm looking for.Normally i shoot whatever,but this year i got a big boy in my sites....havent even shot any does yet because i dont want to spook the spot!

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »
Spending alot  of time in the woods this season. It's been slow at work [no O.T.] so doing a bunch of scouting and hunting. Exploring some new spots. Scouting 2/3 nights  a week.Hunting 1 or 2 nights and all day Saturday.  I have to make a decision soon on what zone/zones to buy permits for.The Season should only get better.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:24:00 AM »
Just have not been able to get out much with the new baby and all. Have seen some deer. Also had deer at my stand in the dark when I was getting there, so blew that. Nice weather change we are getting. Can't wait to get out and have a nice cold morning.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 11:20:00 AM »
It was 25 deg's this morning but I just couldn't get out.. Little to cold for me ( Thin blooded from Med's ) I'll be out this afternoon and hopefully in the morning.

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2008, 12:38:00 PM »
I've only been out on Saturdays because of my obligations at my new job. I have been seeing a lot of deer at my zone 9 spot except for the last 2 Saturdays.It's time to make a move but I'm not sure to where   :banghead:  

I was out one morning in zone 6. I had 3 hunters walk right through 3 diffrent set ups on opening morning. Guess I have to move farther into the woods.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline SteveD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2008, 04:34:00 PM »
Got a nice big doe at 15 yards last Monday night.

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
Way to go Steve. Congrats!

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »
:thumbsup:

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
Congrats Steve.... I had a nice buck come in This evening, but made some noise and he left. Got my permit for Nov, might not get the buck tag. Still have time to think about it.

Offline pcappy08

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
Normally dont post just read since the trad hunts are only three seasons young for me....but couldnt resist missed a big 9pt  :bigsmyl:
Great Northern Super Ghost
56" 60lbs @ 29"
Morrison Cheyenne
62lbs @ 29"

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 06:43:00 PM »
Mystic, Yeah I thought of doing the same but the new rules with the buck tag bother me. If you don't buy it before opening day of the season you cannot buy it after the season starts unless you have not purchased the permit yet then and only then can you buy it while the season is in progress. With my luck I wont buy it and I'll have a monster buck in spitting distance when I can't shoot it. Skippy
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
I know the feeling. Told my wife that after I got the permit. That's Kool, I love DOE meat better. Plus I'll get my 2009 Winter bow and get one then...

Hopefully the Great Spirit will let me have one.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Hey larry where were you in 6?  Been to WR a couple of times by the reservior for squirrel never seen anyone.
I shoot with John L he told me you started working at the school.  Good luck with it.

General FYI to all...Was up by PVA last weekend and stopped in, shelves are getting pretty empty, if you need anything in particular call first, still have a full rack of bows though.

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 08:27:00 PM »
they are closing at the end of the year. If I remember right.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
Originally posted by mysticguido:
they are closing at the end of the year. If I remember right.
That would be correct.  30% everything but bows and select leather items.  They said they can work with the prices on their new bows the store owns but they are few, most of the bows are consignment and I'm sure there might be a little to work there as well.

Offline nontypical

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Ive been alittle busy   :biglaugh:  

BLACK WIDOWS
MORRISON ILF
TITAN/CENTAUR
BLACK MAGIC/CENTUAR
BOB LEES
BIG CHEVYS

Users currently browsing this topic: