3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Any ideas or pics.....  (Read 323 times)

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
Any ideas or pics.....
« on: October 19, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
of hard side bow cases. I've been trying to come up with a decent idea for carrying my bow when invited to go with others. A truck isnt the best place for an unprotected longbow, when it has a couple climbers, compound bow case, and some other stuff my buddies haul around.

When I'm by myself it just rides shotgun with me. Now that my kids are getting bigger that seats taken even more.Took my eight yr old with me yesterday, saw 5 does, all passed within 45 yds, just out of shooting range. Gonna give it a try again this evening. He made the hour there with my bow in his face the whole way, and back again.

I've thought about lining PVC or making a wooden box out of 1/2 plywood. using piano hinges, multiple clasps, and a handle.

Kind of trying to do something with a little more of a finished look to it. I'm not interested in buying one. Thanks >>>>-----> Greg
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline JDice

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Any ideas or pics.....
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 02:54:00 PM »
I don't remember where I got this image - I will be using it as a model for the case I build as one of my winter projects.

Offline BowRising

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 03:05:00 PM »
I recently purchased a Shrew off of a fellow member here and he shipped it to me in a 4" piece of pvc with a threaded end on it.  I now use it as my bow case.  I feel alot better driving around with it in there than just banging around in a bow sock in the bed of my truck.

Offline Rufus 25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 08:11:00 PM »
Hey JD, I like what you did; mind if I borrow that idea....

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
Thanks guys, thats got the creative juices flowin. I'll post pics when I come up with somethin.

Saw 1 lone doe kinda small.
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Charlie Cole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 09:55:00 PM »
I like that!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©