3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Limb Bolt Quivers  (Read 1021 times)

Offline TBone07

• Trad Bowhunter
Limb Bolt Quivers
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
I have always hunted with a quiver on my bows and I am looking for a good quiver for my new PSA Black Widow. I was wondering if anyone has experience with these quivers on their bows. Are they loose fitting? I am specifically looking at the Thunderhorn model for my bow. Any thoughts or suggestions if I should do a different kind would be greatly appreciated. My bow is NOT drilled for a side mount quiver. Thanks- Nate

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Limb Bolt Quivers
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:23:00 PM »
I have looked at most of them and the Great Northern Q.D.is for me the best out there.I like how the arrows are close together not all spread out but still clear the feathers,light weight,remove from bow in a few seconds,can put extra brackets on spare limbs for the Q.D.,quitest quiver I have ever had on a bow.I also put a plastic hook that gloves hang on a display on the top bar near the hood to hang the bow while hunting.In case you didn't notice I like the G.N.Kip

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Kip, can you either post close up pics here or send them to [email protected] to show me how that quiver attaches to the riser/bow.
Any help would be APPRECIATED

Brent

Offline Jim Parsell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:47:00 PM »
I agree with Kip, the Great Northern is really great and all one has to do is turn 2 little knobs and slip the quiver right off..  No noise from the G.N. either..  You will be very happy with one....  Jim

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »
TTT

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 01:12:00 AM »
Sorry is the QD the same as the quick mount?  I have been interested in this one.  I shot with a guy a few weeks ago who had this...pretty neet..  Looked Kind of "Dainty" though....Thoughts?

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 07:14:00 AM »
Redfeathers  I think I can describe it on here if not will get pics.It is the standard GN QD or quick mount with a plastic bracket that fits under the beveled washer with double side tape  on the limbs.You will need 1/4 longer limb bolts for the limbs.Once these are on it is a matter of a thumb screw to tighten on the bracket after you slip the prongs on the quiver top and bottom and is very solid no rattle.I bought extra brackets to put on extra limbs so they are also ready when I change limbs.Matty not at all "Dainty" I got the one I am using six or seven years ago and have many tough miles in a palmetto swamp and this past season dropped my Bob Lee and quiver  app. 13-14' out of a tree with no problem.One more thing easily removed and hooked up in the tree if you want.Kip

Offline NDTerminator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »
You can buy a Limb Bolt Quiver Adaptor Kit for Black Widow Bows for about $10.00 from 3 Rivers.

I can report it also works like a charm on Chek Mate Bows, which also have recessed limb bolts...
"As Trad as I wanna be"

"It's all just archery, and all archery is good"

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
APPRECIATE it Kip!
I think that's what I will end up with.

Brent

Offline yleecoyote23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Brent, I have one on my Blacktail. I will bring it Tuesday if you want to take a look at it....
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Offline JSC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 06:56:00 PM »
If you decide to go with the Great Northern QD on a Black Widow buy a left handed quiver for a right handed bow.If you shoot with the quiver on,it will not create as much torque because it will be in line with the riser.

Offline Redfeathers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
Danny, that would be great!
By the way when would be a good time to get a bow skinned  :)  I need some learning

Brent

Offline yleecoyote23

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
Hi Brent, just got your message, whenever you are ready to skin one, let me know, I will help as much as I can.
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©