3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Benan MPX Classics VS Grizzly Sticks  (Read 273 times)

Offline huntingwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
Benan MPX Classics VS Grizzly Sticks
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:55:00 PM »
Iam thinking of going to carbon arrows would like some feed back on Beaman MPX Classics and grizzly stiks from some guys who have used these arrows thanks!

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Benan MPX Classics VS Grizzly Sticks
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »
i have used beman mfx shafts, in several models, in both my compound and lb bows.  they are a super tough shaft, and ya are getting alot for the money.  just be sure u prepare the inside of the shaft for the insert, cleaning and maybe even roughing it up for a good bond.  if not, the hit insert will break loose on a hard inpact, possibly damaging the shaft.  this is all ovoidable by just glueing em in right.  that said, i have not used the grizsticks, but the mfx's are a tremondous shaft.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Take a serious look at the arrow dynamics. I have shot the Grizzly stiks and really like them, but found that the AD's were a bit tougher than the Grizzlys.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 06:10:00 PM »
Tell us what weight your shooting. The Grizzly sticks come in three different types. I use the MFX 400's out of my lighter bows and if you are comparing them to the grizzly stick Sitkas I`d say they are about equal. If you are comparing them to the Alaskans then I say no comparision the Alaskans are much stronger heavier shaft.I shoot the Alaskans out of 65lb longbow and 75lb longbow they are a fantastic shaft. Using the brass inserts not the aluminum ones, cut at 30 inches, shaft is 500gr fletched with 3 five inch feathers.
hunt it

Offline huntingwolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 11:15:00 PM »
Iam shooting a 55lb black widow at 28 inches

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 01:55:00 PM »
I have been shooting the mfx classics and although I like the fact that they are heavier shafts and look great, I have found them to be fragile on the point end. The HIT inserts are a great idea for broadhead alignment, but I have had a problem with them mushrooming if you hit something hard/solid. Yes, I know any carbon arrow will mushroom if you hit a rock or a brick wall, but these seem to be more fragile. I have footed some and this seems to greatly increase their lifespan.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline trip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:06:00 PM »
what pseman said. Switched from mfx classics to grizzly sitkas.  Didn't get to hunt with them yet, but they have survived many hard hits (including a brick or two  :banghead:  ) during practice sessions.  I'm not knocking the MFX b/c they always did fly well for me. As posted before, if they are footed the lifespan of the MFX's will likely increase.  Good Luck!

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 08:36:00 PM »
I've shot both and I feel the Beeman MFX/Axis is better than the Grizzly Stiks. I've shot Arrow Dynamic Traditionals as well. The Grizzly Stiks and AD Traditionals are good shafts, but I give the nod to the skinny shafts.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »
Wolf,
At 55# I think you would find the Alaskans a little stiff unless you really load them up front with alot of weight 300gr +. I have no experience with the Sitkas but read that many people say they are no stronger than MFX. I know the Alaskan is way tougher than the MFX. You may want to consider the new Grizzly Woodies a brand new arrow which has more options and are good and heavy. As for toughness, they are brand new and nobody has much experience with them yet. Look up Paul at Badger Arrows - sposor here and look at his site he stocks the new woodies.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©