3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Always learning...  (Read 131 times)

Offline Dozer

• Trad Bowhunter
Always learning...
« on: October 21, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Haven't noticed it with my feild points but I've been pinching the crap out of my nocks with my glove. Found this out after I mounted some new BH's and spent all day adjusting things to get the arrow to fly right. I reset every thing back to my standard set up and started to focus on form. Just on a whim I decided to open my fingers up alittle to easy the pressure on the nock. (I do file my nocks for a good fit.) The first shot all I saw was the nock and the back edge of the feathers. Turns out that you can file the nocks all you want but if you squeeze the crap out of them in the draw its all pointless.  :banghead:  
Just thought I'd share a hard earned lesson.
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fletcher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Always learning...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Interesting observation.  Maybe that's why I don't mind the finger separator on my tabs.
Good judgement comes from experience.  Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©