3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME Sharpened Grizzlies  (Read 270 times)

Offline bowbenderman

• Trad Bowhunter
KME Sharpened Grizzlies
« on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
Just a note to thank Ron, of KME , I purchased 6 of the Grizzlies that Ron sharpened, very sharp, so sharp that I had almost a complete past thru with a carbon arrow shot from a 50# Blk. Widow, recurve on an elk. I highly recommend KME sharpened Grizzly Broadheads.  I shot the 190 grain head. Tys Ron

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME Sharpened Grizzlies
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 07:50:00 PM »
Steve,

Congratulations!!!  :thumbsup:  Where are the pics and story of your hunt??? You're not just leave us all hanging are you?

:pray:

BTW, you're very welcome sir.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 08:04:00 PM »
How could a person use the KME glue-on broadheads for wood arrows? What I mean is, can it be done while still attached to the arrow or would the head have to be removed?
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 08:16:00 PM »
So how do you get your hands on a sharpster BHd?

Great kill on the elk!!!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 08:21:00 PM »
Rooselk and J-dog.

Steve was using Grizzly El Grandes that I sharpened and sent to him. Be happy to do the same for anyone else. Send me a PM.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline zilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:40:00 PM »
So is Ron sharpening Grizzley's now??  I know he was working on his jigs, but have never heard if he was open for business on the Grizzleys.
Damn Nice guy

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 02:58:00 AM »
Ron are you going to offer a single bevel sharpening clamp for your broadhead sharping kits? Or instructions on how to do it?
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
C2,

You can sharpen single bevel broadheads with the sharpener as it is. Filing them first will save you some sweat and time but, if you're not great with a file (and I'm not) then try using automotive wet/dry sandpaper on plate glass, tile or other very flat hard surface. It's the fastest way I know to set the bevel without overheating while keeping the cussing down to the bear minimum.  :)  

Start with 150-180 grit and keep it wet. Then go though 220, 320, 400, 600. At this point the bevel is ground and you can go to the stones or, some people prefer to just stay with the paper up though 2000-3000 grit.

Check out this post:

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=065274;p=2

Once you understand the mechanics of sharpening any type of blade, it's a lot easier to get the results you're looking for.

I should point out that our broadhead sharpener does NOT sharpen grizzlies at 25 degrees. 29 degrees is more like it but, you will get them sharp and the cutting edge will be more durable.

Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Longbow rookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 10:08:00 AM »
Like bowbenderman, I also recieved some pre-sharpened Grizzlies from Ron @KME.  He wrote a message on my package saying "Be careful these are pretty well tuned up."  

Let me tell you - he wasn't lying!!  I posted a story and some pics of my "first ever" whitetail on pow wow about a week ago.  Pics of the 190 stuck in the stick after going through the lungs of the deer.  Explanation below:

The Grizzlies I recieved from Ron did their job and then some.  My arrrow blasted through the deer and was impaled in a stick next to the shot.  To see pics go to the post in Pow Wow "My first EVER!!!"

Ron- my apologies for not getting those pics of the modified head up right away.  I promise they will be on this post very soon now that I figured out the whole Photobucket deal.

I'd highly recommend getting some heads from Ron or send him your Grizzlies from the factory and get them back "Scary sharp!!"

Thanks buddy for all the help you've given me.  

Oh yeah, and for the nice slice I got from not being super careful like you warned me.  Ha ha!!

Christian

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
Thanks CJ,

(I refuse to call you Rookie anymore)  :D  and don't worry about posting pics, not a big deal at all.

Just to clarify, we are not selling pre-sharpened broadheads at this time. We can and will sharpen any broadheads that you purchase elsewhere and send to us. Send me a PM if you're interested,

Ron

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
Hmmm...Ron was supposed to send me a half dozen of those KME sharp Grizzlies...Maybe their in the mail...

I guess I'll just have to keep checking the mail box.

Love ya Ron!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©