3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: i want your predictions!  (Read 308 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
i want your predictions!
« on: October 22, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
i have a tiny piece of land to hunt, and there is no way i can hunt the predominant nw wind, and be downwind of the normal deer approach direction. soooo...i built a pli wood box, v shaped, the front shooting window on the wide end of the v.  i built it like this so the wind will blow around it, and hopefully trap my scent inside.  i shot all the seams with epanding spray foam, sealing it.  i painted the inside black, and will wear all black on my upper body.  ill get to try it out this weekend.  what is your prediction?  will the deer snort and run?  or will i beat em?  i want your honest opinions.  i have a feeling i have a nice rain proof hunting blind, and nothing more....but maybe...
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: i want your predictions!
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 08:45:00 PM »
Brushed in real good and you may get pleasantly surprised. Especially during the rut.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 08:53:00 PM »
i didnt brush it in, didnt need too.  the day after i built it (still smelled like foam and paint, lol) the deer were eating corn right around it (this was in the summer while it was still legal).  i am also with in 200 yards of 8-10 houses, so VERY FAINT human scent in these woods in the norm to these deer.  so im hoping it'l work...thanks for the input vermonster!
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
Were you sitting in it while they ate corn around it?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 09:03:00 PM »
no, they ate it that night.  i ahve killed 2 does from it this year, though.  but that was with a favorable south wind, while it was still warm.  one was 15 yards, one was 12 yard. and they keep on coming through, so the trail cam says.  its a little piece of land, but very active, as it links a bedding area to a several feeding areas.
its a blast seein em at eye level!  btw, it makes tiny does look bigger....O.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 09:11:00 PM »
I was overrun with does tonight in a little natural blind I have on an abandoned farm. Hopefully one I had a personal encounter with will be recovered in the morning.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 09:19:00 PM »
sounds great vermoster. i hope i never grow out of the joy of shooting does.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©