3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: short bow for a long draw. i would like some opinions.  (Read 987 times)

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: short bow for a long draw. i would like some opinions.
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2008, 10:10:00 PM »
That's a deal.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »
I am "only" a 29 1/2" draw length and don't have those gorilla length arms like BobW's, but I shoot split finger and don't have any finger pinch problems with either my 56" Morrison ILF or my 56" Shrew Classic Hunter. Tomorrow I will pick up a 54" Shrew Classic Hunter and will let you know how it does at my draw. From what I hear, it shouldn't be a problem either. David Knipes and Tim Fishell are right about the design of some of these bows. Most of them use a forward grip and a short riser section to get the best geometry and the most working length out of the limbs to accommodate long draws. And those long draws really add the speed. I bet BobW's arrows destroy targets quickly with the penetration he has reported!

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline wihill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2008, 11:46:00 PM »
I can't get over that picture of BobW - that's a 56" Shrew at a 32" draw?!  It looks like a pup bow!  I always had a curiosity about the Shrew bows, now I've got a healthy respect for them as well!
Support the sport!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2008, 09:07:00 AM »
Dang Wihill, you figured it out.  I actually only 3'-5" tall and that is a MadDog "Pup"  :scared:  

This bow has a consistent gain (2.5#/in) from 27" to 32".  I was amazed myself.  As has been said, the handle geometry also plays a role.  My draw has "shortened" about an inch from my other bow, and Ron has said it is not uncommon due to the bow shape.  I'd recommend one.   :thumbsup:
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©