3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things You Hate to Hear!  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Anaconda12

• Trad Bowhunter
Things You Hate to Hear!
« on: October 23, 2008, 06:38:00 AM »
Well I need to vent so maybe you can all help me get over this.  I was at the cooler the other night with the buck I killed and there was a few fellas there as usual, you know the kind that seem to hang out waiting for everybody to come in so they can tell you they seen a BIG UN' but for whatever reason did not get, how many times have you heard someone say " Well that is a good one for that Longbow!" AAAAAARGH this really erks me or even fellow bowhunters saying things after killing animals, "Well I did not hit that doe perfect but it was just a doe", or "Well if it would have been a big buck I would rather hit it a little different, but it worked", I am missing something here is the vital anatomy different between a buck and doe?  :banghead:    I for one do not feel handicapped with my choice of hunting weaponry, I do not own a rifle and have absolutely no problems with rifle hunters at all, but to constantly  hear things like this especially the low respect for one of my favorite game animals, the doe deer really drives me nuts.  Don't these idiots realize if it were not for the does that the chance of them sitting in their shooting house overlooking a food plot with there cannons would probably never kill that mature buck that wanders in before dark.  Sorry folks the two things I hate to hear, I do not know why it bothers me so much it just does.  What bothers you folks list them here so we know what buttons not to push!
Luck has nothing to do with it, just Boot leather and a GWP.

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Things You Hate to Hear!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
What about? "It's just a spike". or "Only a little forkhorn".  These are the two I hear the most coming from rifle hunters.

Offline loco_cacahuate

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 07:22:00 AM »
One I've heard a lot lately from guys trying trad for the first time. "If I hadda been shooting my compound, I would have gotten that deer". Blaming a miss on equipment. No you wouldnt have gotten it because you werent shooting a compound.

I dont like "every animal taken with trad is a trophy". I realize that new hunters and begiiners in trad that is is a trophy to them, I"m proud of any animal I take but for me its what a trophy is to me.

As trad hunters we work more getting equipment ready, practicing etc. that statements like you mentioned belittle our efforts.
Never drop your gun to hug a Grizzly.

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 07:26:00 AM »
Boy my list is too long so I'll try and refrain, but "It's a shooter" is close to the top.
"Nice for a bow" is too.
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
"QDM doesn't work, it just kills all the does and now we don't have any deer"- you can't even bring the idea up in my home state, or you get black balled.  Generations of hunters have killed what they want- so they can tell everyone "I got my buck" (my next most hated statement).  I ask where your names was on him....
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
I hate to hear my bows when I shoot them, that's why I work so hard to quiet them. The other stuff is just talk and it will be a cold day when I give a rat's patookie what someone ignorant has to say about how I hunt.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Anaconda12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
Yeah I guess I should try to be more like you vermonster, but I can hardly bear it to hear someone talk about the sport I cherish without trying to educate them on our responsibilities as sportsman no matter what weapon, this post was not a poke at gun hunters, just getting some things off my chest.
Luck has nothing to do with it, just Boot leather and a GWP.

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2008, 07:44:00 AM »
"Dirt nap"
"I put the smack down on him"
"Stud killed"
"It's just a cull buck"
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
"I smoked um'"
"If I was shootin' my compound I would have got em'"  I hate that one too, and as a former wheelie guy, I can say it is just as easy to miss with a compound as with any other weapon.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Peachey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2008, 08:01:00 AM »
I had a xbow hunter tell me the other day he shot a buck and couldn't find it. So as he was leaving he saw another small buck so he shot it in the neck with a field point because he only took 1 broadhead with him. Well he never found that one either, he said it got dark and he couldn't see anymore. I dont reckon he had a light. I said what did you do that for, you cant hardly kill a squirrell with a field point. He said you cant kill em if you dont shoot at em. There are a lot of people who have no bussiness hunting with any kind of weapon. They have no respect for themselves or the animals they shoot.

Offline BigCnyn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 08:11:00 AM »
"I Shoot " Instinctive" and then cant hit your hinny,...

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2008, 08:34:00 AM »
"I hit him PERFECT" but I can't find any blood.  :confused:  

"I shot a good one but might have hit him a bit high". "Would you mind tracking him for me".....  :mad:  

Where do you think I should hunt?(Then does exactly the opposite)...  :bigsmyl:   It's what makes it all so fun and interesting.CK

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2008, 08:48:00 AM »
when someone tells someone what is ethical and what isn't.
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline fowlarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2008, 08:49:00 AM »
I dislike my bow (or my shotgun and rifle for that matter) being referred to as a "weapon". It's not likely to ever be used in combat.

I know a lot of you guys use this one, but the term "critter" is just not cute anymore and it makes me think of Jethro of the Beverly Hillbillys. Go ahead and blast me for saying so, but ssheeeshhh...come on!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »
If its brown, Its down
If I don't shoot it, someone else will

That stick isn't a real bow, get a Mathew's.
forget the wind and just hunt.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 09:02:00 AM »
Number 1 thing is.... Crack, bamm

well there goes that bow.

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
I manage a large retail sporting goods store and we sell a lot of archery equipment...Until you work in this arena, you just don't have any idea the kind of "HUNTERS" that you share the woods with....The Majority is very good and responsible but some are just plain IDIOTS. Absolutly NO personal responsibility.....EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the woods is the EQUIPMENTS fault.....The list goes on and on and on....XXXXXX broadhead will not kill a deer, xxxxx broadhead won't let a deer bleed, IT WAS JUST A DOE, IT WAS JUST A SMALL BUCK, It don't need to be sharp, I missed 3 this morning at 60 yards,ETC.......A lot of the younger generation does not have a clue as to the real reason that we bow hunt...They have been raised on Outdoor TV SHOWS and a lot of them are instant "Trophy Hunters" who have never taken that many deer and don't know the JOY of just Enjoying the hunt and getting some experience under their belt...Just yesterday a 14 year old bowhunter, who has taken 1 deer with his compound, told me he and his Dad were going to ILL. bowhunting...I wished him Good Luck and he said "Thanks but I won't need the luck". Confidence or Youthful ignorance??????? I thought about that statement all evening while in the stand.   It really makes me sick sometimes...My son Skyler and his buddy Zach hunt with me often. They know about the highs and lows of bowhunting. I believe strongly that those "lows" make the occasional "Highs" that much better. Skyler knows well, how hard it can be. I just hope that this time spent with him now, "sticks" in him and he comes to love this sport as much as I do...Sorry about the long post but this is something thats been on my mind for a while....Good Topic Quintin!!!!! Don Wilson
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 10:15:00 AM »
"Whack um and stack um"  :rolleyes:  or anything that doesn't show respect for the animal.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Tom L

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by Anaconda12:
Well I need to vent so maybe you can all help me get over this.  I was at the cooler the other night with the buck I killed and there was a few fellas there as usual, you know the kind that seem to hang out waiting for everybody to come in so they can tell you they seen a BIG UN' but for whatever reason did not get, how many times have you heard someone say " Well that is a good one for that Longbow!" AAAAAARGH this really erks me or even fellow bowhunters saying things after killing animals, "Well I did not hit that doe perfect but it was just a doe", or "Well if it would have been a big buck I would rather hit it a little different, but it worked", I am missing something here is the vital anatomy different between a buck and doe?   :banghead:     I for one do not feel handicapped with my choice of hunting weaponry, I do not own a rifle and have absolutely no problems with rifle hunters at all, but to constantly  hear things like this especially the low respect for one of my favorite game animals, the doe deer really drives me nuts.  Don't these idiots realize if it were not for the does that the chance of them sitting in their shooting house overlooking a food plot with there cannons would probably never kill that mature buck that wanders in before dark.  Sorry folks the two things I hate to hear, I do not know why it bothers me so much it just does.  What bothers you folks list them here so we know what buttons not to push!
Here in East TN the smartest deer in the woods is a 3 year old doe. She has been shot at most likely more than once and most likely seen a yearling kiled. Bucks are weary but a 3 year old doe is knows what is going on.
Gal. 2:20 Let Jesus Live

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2008, 11:17:00 AM »
I hate it when folks call deer antlers "horns". They don't have horns, they're ANTLERS folks! The TV fist pump, " Yeah , baby!" and all the fake emotion the hunters try to portray when they " smoke" or " drill" or "take " their deer. They didn't take, smoke or drill it, they killed it.
 Fowl archer your bow is a weapon whether you like to call it that or not. What do you call it a "deer gathering device"? Killing a deer is a violent act and we shouldn't candy coat it and make like its something other than it is. Its killing so we can eat 'em.  Don't apologize for that which isn't wrong.
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©