3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things You Hate to Hear!  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Things You Hate to Hear!
« Reply #100 on: October 26, 2008, 09:52:00 PM »
King,   :thumbsup:  

Joe, yes I think you should make the most of your time. But IMO it is never a good idea to hunt in the rain. But that's just me, if your confident then do what you like  :D
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline TimRadke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2008, 09:57:00 PM »
Not so much anything they said, but I hate the snickers and smiles when people see me shooting the longbow on the 3d range... Like I don't know what I'm doing (maybe I don't, but it ain't because of the bow)...

Funny story - had a few guys snickering at me and my buddy shooting our trads at a 3D range a few years ago... I told him I'd shoot head to head with him -- I pick the first shot, he picks the second.  I walked up to a downed log about 18 inches off the ground, dropped to a knee, bent over, held the longbow horizontally, and punched one right behind the shoulder from under the log at about 10 yards.  His response -- "&@#$ You!" and he walked off... I guess it's only fun if he can win!
Byron Ferguson Patriot
58# @ 28"

RER XR
49# @ 26"

>')///><            <-------[[[[

Offline Bakes168

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
:biglaugh:  Great story Tim!

Yeah I get a lot of funny looks at the pro shop.

And like said earlier, there are idiots out there who make all hunters look stupid. But there are also lots of good people.

Bakes
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be...time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there"
-Fred Bear

James 2:19-20

USMC Infantry

Offline Desperado

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2008, 11:29:00 PM »
Since you asked for my opinion...What I hate to hear is... "I killed a doe"! You can't have the does without the does and you can't have the bucks without the does. Every year here in Pa. I get as many doe tags as I can and throw them out. Want more bucks??? Kill less does! Cotton

Offline novahunterpa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2008, 12:46:00 AM »
Originally posted by cottonwood:
Since you asked for my opinion...What I hate to hear is... "I killed a doe"! You can't have the does without the does and you can't have the bucks without the does. Every year here in Pa. I get as many doe tags as I can and throw them out. Want more bucks??? Kill less does! Cotton
I guess im just the opposite cause i hate it when I here "why would you shoot a doe" i support What was done in this state and every year i get as many doe taggs and try and fill them.
Aslo hate to here
"how can shoot with no sights'
"Your not seriously going to hunt with that thing"
" buy a real bow and maybe less deer would get wounded"  
I have acctually heard these and it just makes me so   :banghead:   MADD

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2008, 05:45:00 AM »
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by cottonwood:

That's the thinking that has our car insurance so high, crossbows in the archery seasons and bluetongue disease to name a few.
On a lesser note, it makes for no rut sign, smaller and less healthy deer and spikehorns doing the breeding.

:rolleyes:
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
Smart deer management requires killing of does, at least from where I'm used to hunting.  We were allowed 3 deer at the government facility we hunted and 2 had to be antlerless.  This is 35,000+ acres incidently so it's not like a fenced in park.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2008, 10:19:00 AM »
This actually happened at a party once. Lady says "Why do you shoot those beautiful deer?" To which I replied "Until I can run faster and strangle them, shooting will have to do."  
LMFAO.  I'm gonna use that one.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
I really hate to hear fiberglass and wood cracking when I draw my bow at a nice buck.That really buggs me...but some food for thought guy's.....I really hate it when a fellow tradgangster shoots himself a real nice critter.....and other fellow tradgangsters...just gotta post something reads like....Wow nice doe you got there,fat doe you killed...Wonder why they do'nt just post something like nice looking deer you got.Or one of my fav's nice critter my fathers saying was.Fine looking animal you got.He never beat the guy down cause he got a critter......Any critter taken with traditional equ.should be treated with do respect....but the hunter should be as well.At least by other hunters........bowdoc

Offline sou-pawbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2008, 12:04:00 PM »
What are you gonna do with that stick if you see "the big one"?
Molon labe

Offline Dozer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2008, 12:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by TimRadke:
Funny story - had a few guys snickering at me and my buddy shooting our trads at a 3D range a few years ago... I told him I'd shoot head to head with him -- I pick the first shot, he picks the second.  I walked up to a downed log about 18 inches off the ground, dropped to a knee, bent over, held the longbow horizontally, and punched one right behind the shoulder from under the log at about 10 yards.  His response -- "&@#$ You!" and he walked off... I guess it's only fun if he can win!
Priceless... just priceless!
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2008, 01:36:00 PM »
A couple more I hate are the terms "cull buck" and "management buck".

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2008, 02:03:00 PM »
"big buck down" is getting kind of old.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: October 27, 2008, 02:04:00 PM »
How about (from the non-hunters, which seems to be the majority) "how could you kill bambi?"
Usually said while they are on the way out the door for a hamburg, chicken, or prime rib.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: October 27, 2008, 02:58:00 PM »
"I invited the whole family over for the boys birthday party this Saturday" (23 and 31 on Oct. 25th)   :mad:

"When you come in from hunting can you just help me (fill in the blank)"  It always takes hours longer than she envisions and leaves me scrambling to get back in the woods. I REALLY need to buy a hunting camp far, far away......
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
"Things your hate to hear"

Well last Fri. evening it was the doe busting me as I went to draw on a nice buck that was following

I just let her walk by at less than 10 yrds and knew she was there yet I didn't look to see if she was looking when I went to draw on him    :banghead:  

Brent won't the party be over by time you get out of the woods LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
I don't like to hear "Pro Shop" used to describe an archery shop that only carries junk for compound bow shooters. No string materials, arrows spined under .400, broadheads weighing over 100 grains, forget about an actual trad bow.

I went into the above described shop, the name of the shop actually has the word, "Everything" as the lead of a two word Name!!

Asked a couple of questions about trad archery, and the man/owner said to me, "Traditional archery is dead."

I still go there ocassionally with my bow and shoot the indoor range. I know most would'nt, but I have always done things to educate the uneducated. Thats the nicest way I can say it. Most of the sucess I've had in life comes from the other thing I dont like to hear.

"No you cant do it that way"
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline recurvist

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2008, 05:07:00 PM »
Dont remember readin it , but if someone else covered it Im sorry, Pulled in to check station with my nine year old son ..sportin his first turkey that he had scouted, and called in himself.  It was a 18 lb jake one shot one kill Needless to say I was a proud Daddy.. But I was 250 lbs of mad when the guys @ the sportin good store said " why u kill a baby on the first day?" Reactin like a mad dad instead of a sportsman I replied"why did u open ur mouth and let th stupid fall out"  :knothead:    :knothead:
" Aim small, ..Miss small " The Patriot.

Offline TNstickn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2008, 05:50:00 PM »
Awesome reply Kieth!!!  
Once upon a time people kept there self-righteous opinions to themselves unless asked for.

Congrats to you and your boy! Thats not easy for an upstart turkey hunter, let alone a 9 year old! Wow!!  :thumbsup:
Pick a spot.>>>>-------> Shoot straight.

Offline Turkey-duke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2008, 09:12:00 PM »
Alright I'll play along too.

"We only want to shoot the old dry does"

"You can't eat the antlers"  - No kidding!!!

"We've been hunting hard here in Illinois - its the second day of the hunt..."  

I have to agree about "I killed my buck this year" and "If I didn't kill it someone else would have"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©