3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things You Hate to Hear!  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Earl E. Nov...mber

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Things You Hate to Hear!
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2008, 06:56:00 AM »
Worst one of all "It might have been a little far back"
Many have died for my freedom.
One has died for my soul.

Offline JOKER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2008, 07:02:00 AM »
Bill tell, That's a good one about Gettin Close selling the POSTED signs. But hay, that is realy the ONLY piece of equipment they could not do without!!

Offline MikeW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2008, 07:04:00 AM »
Referring to a doe as "a slick head"
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils.

Offline 3blades

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2008, 07:14:00 AM »
Went to a 3-D shoot over the summer and a guy with a compound in his hand says "I've been a Traditional guy all my life" and also this "What kind of stuff you got going on there" He was referring to my back quiver. This is only my second year hunting and my first with Traditional gear and already see the silly animosity of some folks have in our small hunting society of today.    :help:
60's Bear Cub    45#@28"
Samick Stingray  50#@28"
Hickory self bow 55#@28"
HH Big 5 Longbow 65#@28"
Bears paw T/D LB 75#@28"

Offline champ38

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2008, 07:32:00 AM »
When my wife refers to my back quiver as.."cute"
56" Shrew Classic Carbon 68@29
58" 2-P Centaur Cabon Elite 57@29

Offline always89s boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
when someone calls an animal dumb. Those"dumb" animals have been around allot longer than us and dodge us all the time. By no means are any of those animals dumb
Aim small, miss small

I dont miss i give warning shots

Offline Frenchy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2008, 08:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by champ38:
When my wife refers to my back quiver as.."cute"
:thumbsup:

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2008, 09:05:00 AM »
I hate to hear someone say, after looking at my one of my selfbows" I could never make one those, I just don't have the patience". They are sure selling themselves short.

My all time least favorite saying when I recommend someone learn to make arrows, strings, bows or work on the hunting club is" I don't have the time". These same people probably watch 2 or 3 hrs of TV a day, hunt a good bit, visit with friends and do everything else they want to do but when it comes to learning something new or helping at the club, they "don't have the time".

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2008, 10:35:00 AM »
another thing i hate to hear is that trad hunters smell like mountain men, carry there arrows in rotten coyote skin quivers, and are unethical because they cant shoot.  for the most part, thats just not true.  i wish people could see it was just an difference in equipment choice, and that we all were in it to have fun.  
on the other hand, i hate to hear trad shooter down the skill of compound archers.  yeah, at 20-30 yards, it sure is easier to shoot a compound.  but compound archers are psuhing the ranges further and futher.  those who say compound are easy to shoot, have you ever shot at 60-100 yards?  i have, and that tiny breeze ya feel on your face?  that'll push your arrow clean off the Block target at 80 yards.  people who say "gimme a day and i could do the same", are just plain ignorant.  a day with a compound is just long enough to screw the cam timing up, mess up the drop away sttings (uh...whats a drop away?, much less set the 1st, 2nd and 3rd axis level, micro adjust the pins.  one day is also enough time ta start punching the trigger, and learning a suprise release?  takes months.  some people - both trads and compounds - just plain old crack me up at the total ignorance over anything but there specialty.
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2008, 10:37:00 AM »
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline Morning Star

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2008, 11:18:00 AM »
"King Ranch"
"Do you hunt with that thing?"
"Management buck"
"Cull buck"
"Would've been a good'n in another year."
"Got my lease in Iowa!"
Iowa Bowhunters Association - Your voice in Iowa's bowhunting and deer hunting issues!

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kevin Bahr:
"Not tonight, I have a headache..."
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline mooseman76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 24, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
"Is a Black Widow worth it?"  That is my least favorite line (could be any brand inserted here, but this one seems to be asked more than most).  If it isn't worth it to you, don't buy it.  

I also hate "BBD, big buck down"  I stopped watching the outdoor channel because I got so sick of hearing it.  

"I like to do things the hard way.  Keep my shots close."  Then proceed to take 60 yard running shots on camera.

I could go on and on...Mike

Offline -Achilles-

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2008, 12:53:00 PM »
I heard michael waddel the other day say..."papa waddel is about to lay the smackdown on that joker"...LMAO...I hate when they say things like that

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »
When someone asks "did you catch a deer?"
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline Henry Hammer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
I hate that there is not enough UNITY in our sport HUNTING no matter the weapon.. But I here you loud and clear it drives me up the wall how unethical some hunters are and they wonder why we are viewed this way when they are in the store talking about the one they smoked, layed the smack down, etc. etc. Nets are for fish,this I agree with but the score of a buck has taken over our sport, remember when there was a big deer contest and the winner was determined by weight not rack size? And if I haved smoked something it is either turkey, jerky, sausage, fish,etc.
"No man's opinion is any better than his background, his experience and his general common sense." Jack O' Connor

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
i hate to hear trad shooter down the skill of compound archers. yeah, at 20-30 yards, it sure is easier to shoot a compound. but compound archers are psuhing the ranges further and futher.  
That is exactly my problem with compound shooters.  The whole point of hunting with a bow and I use the term loosely when describing anything with cam's and letoff. Is to get within the animals comfort zone.  I haven't hardly killed anything compared to most of the guys on this site, yet until the day that I am forced to live on what I can kill it is very important to me as I think it should be to any "hunter" how I kill the animal.

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2008, 02:37:00 PM »
I just returned from a hunt with 5 wheelie shooters.  I never loosed an arrow.  "We" managed to shoot four hogs and three deer, of which two were nice bucks.  "We" recovered none!  I spent two hunts tracking said animals.  Here are some quotes:  

"Thirty Eight yards is further than I've ever shot before"

"There were some sapplings in the way, but I thought I could squeeze one in there"  

"I only got two inches of penetration because I mis-judged the yardage and the arrow skipped off the ground before hitting the hog"

"I knew the shots on the first two hogs were too far back, but that biggest one was a definite double lunger".  Turns out the third one was still on his feet 600 yards later after we lost the trail for good.

"I shot him too far back, but figured he would be dead after an hour".  This was his explaination after jumping the deer.

Don't think I'll make this trip next year.
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
Apex, my sympathies to you. Sounds like your ears were literally being verbally assaulted! Can't blame you for not wanting to make that trip again.
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »
What I,ve come to relize is most of these fellows that are loud or running off at the mouth regardless whether its at the the boat ramp, sporting goods store, range, are really just insecure, and when I hear them I just smile because I have them figured out.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©