3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Things You Hate to Hear!  (Read 4054 times)

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Things You Hate to Hear!
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
"Anything killed with a bow is a trophy"

An accomplishment? Yes. But a trophy? No.

or "A trophy is whatever you want it to be"

I disagree.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »
i can't stand it when other hunters try telling me i cant hunt in this area.  :mad:    :mad:    :mad:    :readit:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2008, 10:16:00 PM »
I'm not keen on hearing "______________ is the most deadly / most effective / best broadhead in the world / that you could use."
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline ghost rob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »
I hate: "Big buck down" Lee and Tiffany make me puke, I hate people who always talk bad about someone who can do something they cannot IE; taking a deer from the ground with a stickbow. I've taken a few and I've heard, "Well you just have a good spot" or "If I had enough time to practice I could do it too".  Biggie, you seem like a real good guy, but if my 14 year old son shoots any deer with a bow, no matter what it is, I can guarantee you it'll be a trophy as well as an accomplishment. Rob

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2008, 10:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by waknstak IL:
When someone asks "did you catch a deer?"
Good one! When some people ask that, I may or may not correct them. But when my Mom asks that I give her my pat answer...no.   :D
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline A. Reagan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20:00 AM »
I agree. I shot a coyote last night and had a clean pass through.(Old bear razor head, 45 lbs PSE longbow gold tip arrow.)The old yote made some thick briars and I was unable to find him after four hours on my hands and knees and I plan to go back sunday after work and look somemore. My neighbor said " Its just a coyote your acting like it was a huge buck or somthing." Well to me it is. Due to the color and smell of the blood I believe it was a liver hit.
Andrew Reagan

Offline Buckeye Trad Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2008, 10:56:00 AM »
This is something that I actually had said to me.  I was at the locally owned bait shop/ Hunting store here in the little town I live in.  Everyone knows everyone here.  I have known the owner pretty much all my life.  Now on to the point.  Last year I took a small button buck on opening day with my recurve from the ground with about an 8 foot shot.  This was my first Trad deer as well as my first deer with a bow   :bigsmyl:  and at the check in the owner looks at me and says " why in the #### did you shoot something like that?"   :confused:   That actually made me sick to my stomach.  I haven't been back to his shop since.

Offline Swamp Pygmy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 11:47:00 AM »
tiffany's sales pitch of

"Even I can do it" In reference to Lee planting all the crops and puttin out game cameras and stuff and her waiting in the stand.
South Louisiana Longbow Shooter

The only trophy you'll ever bring home is a good time. The rest is just meat. -SP

Offline Big Ed

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
Tired of hearing the so called Professionals on the Outdoor Channel and other outdoor shows that take poor shots and claim it was the only shot they had. Heck of a thing to say when sometimes your best shot is not shooting at all. I enjoy the hunt a whole lot more than the harvest. The harvest is only the icing on the cake.
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 06:00:00 PM »
The one I love, "did you get YOUR deer yet" , some people must think you have to order them ahead so you won't miss out. " management buck" is another one.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ductape

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »
"My best shot on a deer was @ 63 yards"
"Where is the sights on that thing"

Offline just_a_hunter

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2008, 07:20:00 PM »
I don't like when people use whitetail count on mule deer, or when people count eye gaurds on a mule deer as part of their point count.

Todd
"Before you get down on yourself  because you don't have the things you want, think of all the things you DON'T want that you don't have."

You'll notice the "luckiest" elk hunters have worn out boots.

Offline Ia Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2008, 03:28:00 PM »
Bigge,
As "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", so it is with a trophy ! Who are you to judge ?
 My 12 year old (many years ago) killed a button buck with his first shot at a deer. It will forever be a trophy to him and me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2008, 03:32:00 PM »
Good for you and your son!

I'm not judging anyone. The thread asked what you hate to hear. Am I not entitled to my opinion because you disagree with it?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
My 92 year old mother, bless her heart, says "Did you catch a deer this year?"  all of the time.  It must be an age thing.

This actually happened at a party once.  Lady says "Why do you shoot those beautiful deer?"  To which I replied "Until I can run faster and strangle them, shooting will have to do."
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »
"Your not going hunting tomorrow are you? Its supposed to rain."

Well...Southpawshooter and myself spent the entire day yesterday bowhunting jersey whitetails. In the wind and rain....heavy at times I may add. When you have limited vacation time to bowhunt, you make the most of your opportunities....

And yes...we did see deer, had a few close encounters but no shots offered. I have a problem with the fair weather "Posers".
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline sendero25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »
reddogge,
I agree about the "age thing". Before she passed a couple of years ago, my mom always asked me "Well did you catch a bear?" even if I was deer or squirrel hunting.
She was born in 1920 and I always laughed and said "No, I didn't catch anyting this time!"
God love 'em.
John
"I'm not very smart but I can lift heavy things"

"I'm not as smart as I look"

quotes by my good friend Clay Miller from Valentine, TX

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
"I counted coup on that one and it was mine".   How the heck do you know? Since when did not shooting become a kill?

Hey Joe Skipp, I'm with you. I was out in it too.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2008, 09:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by DW:
I manage a large retail sporting goods store and we sell a lot of archery equipment...Until you work in this arena, you just don't have any idea the kind of "HUNTERS" that you share the woods with....The Majority is very good and responsible but some are just plain IDIOTS. Absolutly NO personal responsibility.....EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the woods is the EQUIPMENTS fault.....The list goes on and on and on....XXXXXX broadhead will not kill a deer, xxxxx broadhead won't let a deer bleed, IT WAS JUST A DOE, IT WAS JUST A SMALL BUCK, It don't need to be sharp, I missed 3 this morning at 60 yards,ETC.......A lot of the younger generation does not have a clue as to the real reason that we bow hunt...They have been raised on Outdoor TV SHOWS and a lot of them are instant "Trophy Hunters" who have never taken that many deer and don't know the JOY of just Enjoying the hunt and getting some experience under their belt...Just yesterday a 14 year old bowhunter, who has taken 1 deer with his compound, told me he and his Dad were going to ILL. bowhunting...I wished him Good Luck and he said "Thanks but I won't need the luck". Confidence or Youthful ignorance??????? I thought about that statement all evening while in the stand.   It really makes me sick sometimes...My son Skyler and his buddy Zach hunt with me often. They know about the highs and lows of bowhunting. I believe strongly that those "lows" make the occasional "Highs" that much better. Skyler knows well, how hard it can be. I just hope that this time spent with him now, "sticks" in him and he comes to love this sport as much as I do...Sorry about the long post but this is something thats been on my mind for a while....Good Topic Quintin!!!!! Don Wilson
Right there in the same boat brother and couldnt agree more   :knothead:

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
I hate to hear (or see) political opinions when everyone else is talking about hunting. Save that crap for pillow talk at the office.

I also hate to hear compounders compare their scores to mine when we are shooting from the same stake at the 3d range.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©