3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My buddy wants me to design a 3D course...need advice!  (Read 249 times)

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
My buddy wants me to design a 3D course...need advice!
« on: October 23, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
Hi all,

A buddy of mine has a large plot of land, about 11 acres. It already has the main house where he stays, several cottages and separate bar area. His idea is to turn it into a guest lodge eventually.

Now I reckon I need a pat on the back cause I brought my longbow round, introduced him to trad, let him have a few shots and now I think he's hooked! To top it off he wants me to design a 3-D course on the spare portion of his land.

There is a square piece of ground about 75m by 75m, that is still bush pretty much. Hes fortunate in that this area lies at the end of his property and is surrounded by more undeveloped bush...so no safety concerns when shooting in this direction. The idea is for it to be a fun course, where families, guys, gals and everyone is welcome but wont necessarily be set up for major competitions or league type shoots.

So basically I was wondering if you could give me some tips for constructing this course, like shot distances, number of targets, safety considerations. How is your range run etc etc Of course pictures are always welcome!  :D   Im looking for any and all ideas so feel to chip in with whatever you feel like.

Thanks!

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My buddy wants me to design a 3D course...need advice!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 02:13:00 PM »
# of targets? more the better but at least 10 to 15
shot distance? 10yd 20yd 25yd 35yd 40yd it's up to you. sheets of plywood behind target bales to stop misses. maybe some tree stand shots or ground blinds. mostly use your imagination and have fun -then call me so I can come shoot with you guys.ha ha ha .   :archer:
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©