3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how many deer have you saw so far???  (Read 1091 times)

Offline draco

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: how many deer have you saw so far???
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »
Yesterday, hunting on a trail going into an oats patch, 23 deer came by me. 18 does and five bucks. Too early to shoot does and bucks were not big enough, although one was very close.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »
I've seen 2 bucks and a coyote so far.....actualy 3 bucks counting the little button buck that was still in my back yard last Sunday when I got home from hunting.

(Lisa txt me a picture of him Sunday morning telling me I should have stayed home LOL)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2008, 03:22:00 AM »
Been out about 15 times so far, seen 30 deer I think, hit one in the shoulder that I hope walks in range again, passed up a couple that I'll probably wish I hadn't later, seen 4 turkeys, one red fox chasing a rabbit and about a million squirrels.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2008, 04:08:00 AM »
I have hunted about 40 days this fall; I took a cow elk on September 16th; and I have seen deer almost every day.

In one spot I saw a nice whitetail buck; followed by a big huge HUGE whitetail buck: that found itself only missing a few black hairs. I saw four other bucks in that spot on and off for weeks. There were a half dozen does that frequented the spot too.

In another spot I saw a huge 3x3 mulie; and it is missing a few hairs too. [Gravity swells].

In another spot there is a nice whitetail I have seen glimses of - that beds with a smaller whitetail buck that has two speeds; standing perfectly still: and running as fast as the wind.

Along the river below the cabin; I see mulie does almost every day. There are 6 that follow a pattern; but it is steelhead season and the river is full of fishermen- that push the deer on an unregular scedule. There are a few whitetail does and fawns there too.

There are 5 mulie does that walk down a ridge to the south of the cabin; I don't see them everyday- more like every four or five days.

The bucks are in anyweapon season until the end of light today.

I have a doe tag for where I live that is good until the end of December; and another either sex for all of December.

Of course driving to 'town' I see deer; and elk; and bighorns. In fact I had one bighorn sheep nursing its mom right in the road in front of my truck - in the middle of September.

The bears were on the river; but I could not see if cubs accompanied them in the tall grasses; so never shot an arrow...still have a few days to go though.

That is the norm; I have seen 8 different bucks in one day this season......

I am having FUN.

:archer:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »
6 trips, one doe seen. I am really scout hunting right now, backing off from where I expect the deer to travel and observing. This way I eliminate various places and concentrate on the best places later in the year.

I have seen the same 5 deer in my back yard about a dozen times. I live in the country but don't hunt the deer behind the house, too many houses and barking dogs. I like to hunt in a wilderness setting. Here is a doe and three fawns behind my turnip green patch. The electric fence keeps them out of the patch.

I like to kill anonymous deer not old friends.

Offline GrnMtnTradNut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 09:59:00 AM »
I hunted 7 days here in VT, saw 28 deer 9 bucks, one was a 140" 10 pt at 18 yds did not give me a good shot, I passed on 4 legal young bucks saw 3 spikes wihich are off limits anyway I would not shoot one here any how, shot a button buck by mistake and a 2 yr old 8 pt, a good season, between me, my dad and uncle we have seen over 30 bucks this season in VT and a few dandys and messed up a few good ones and I could not tell ya how many does, we have all passed on young legal bucks, a year we cannot complain about.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 10:17:00 AM »
Hunted two evenings, saw one up at Mike's on the way out. Two in his yard when we got out.
At my house, 5 hour sit produced nothing. Got home and the headlights showed me a huge doe and small spike in my yard.
Next week I start hunting hard.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline B-DOG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
not sure how many times i have hunted (7 or 8 times) but i have seen about 50. 5 of them bucks. 1 was a very nice 8 pt. most of these were inside of 30 yards. i have missed 4 and shot 1 that  i could not find. also killed 1 grey fox. i have seen more this year than i have ever seen at this time but have had some poor luck at conecting. yesterday at luch time i decided to move a stand so off i went. moved a climber about 30 yards and was climbing to cut a couple of limbs and had 6 does come under the stand all i had was a limb saw.

Offline Chris Lantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
Just 1 doe in 7 trips, it's been frustrating so far this season. I've found a fair amount of sign, a good rub line, scrape and a few other rubs here and there but can't seem to locate the Deer. Hopefully things go better this weekend, maybe some more deer will be moving as we get closer to the peak of the rut.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »
2 Adirondack hunts and 5 days in Maine.ZERO deer.But I dont feel too bad, thats a lot in both areas LOL.Hunting south the rest of the season so things should turn around real soon.

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 10:48:00 AM »
16 hunts,  47 deer seen from stands,  36 hours so far on stand.

Offline pseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 11:29:00 AM »
1 day hunted, 2 does seen. Season has only been open for a week though.
Mark Thornton

It doesn't matter how or what you shoot, as long as you hit your target.

Offline LocDoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 11:39:00 AM »
Not a single one thanks to Hurricane Ike.
My hunting area looks like it was bombed. Access trails in are mostly blocked and you can forget moving quietly. Several of my key areas appear deserted, no sign at all.
Really a bummer of a season so far. I guess most East Texas hunters in areas effected by Ike will have similar experiences.
'Aim small. Miss small.'

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
up to 14 and a song dog now.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
funny, was just thinking when i only hunted North seeing 14 deer would have been a great year! still love north way more then south due to the area and mountains but i sure do love to see deer!  :readit:    :bigsmyl:
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 02:39:00 PM »
Hunted seven times, so far chickadees,a red tail hawk, 2 blue jays and 3 red squirlls,5 scrapes and the inside of my eyelids when I fell asleep!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline goodolboy94

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
12 does and fawns and one eight pointer no shots
every mourn brought forth a noble chance, and every chance brought forth a noble knight-wiston churchhill

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 03:20:00 PM »
1 Hunt, 4 deer, Gray squirrels to many to count, Red squirrels 5 minus 1 = 4 ( 1 chattered above my head way too long) Gray fox 1. Good time 1!!!

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 04:09:00 PM »
Been out 7 times and have only seen 1 doe so far.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline upatree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 04:15:00 PM »
5 days total/ 10 hunts, 8 deer seen, 2 bucks/6 does.  One within range but dinked my stand with the bow and away she went.  I am about average this year as far as deer seen while hunting.
Treat others as you would want to be treated.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©