3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Rained Out  (Read 384 times)

Offline Ron Haines

• Trad Bowhunter
Rained Out
« on: October 25, 2008, 06:10:00 AM »
It is now 6:12am.  I have been sitting on the couch with a cup of coffee and the doppler radar on the computer since 4:30am praying for a miracle.  It does  not look like it is going to happen on this saturday morning.  I was hoping to get a small break in the rain to get out.  But it is not looking that way.  I guess I will just finish my coffee and watch the hunting shows on tv.
Ron

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Rained Out
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2008, 06:17:00 AM »
I feel for you, and have been doing the same thing. It looks like for me there has been a reprieve.

It is cold and foggy, but the wind has died a bit,
and for now at least, the soaking all night rain has subsided.

My plans for a treestand have changed, and now I`m gonna stalk/scout a favorite area. Silent sneaking is too hard to resist.

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2008, 06:22:00 AM »
Put on the rain suit and head out.  Seen half a dozen deer and a couple of dozen turkey yesterday in the rain.  The rain don't stop them and great to be there when it lets up.
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2008, 07:08:00 AM »
t least you dont have my problem. I am on my way to try and find the buck i hit last nite at 5:45. Hit was just a touch high. Pass thru. Blood soaked arrow. 250 yard heavy red blood trail. Lost blood, in the dark. Lookin for body this a.m.
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Offline doeboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2008, 09:03:00 AM »
Ron,

Get out in those woods! deer are starting to tend does in Jersey. I saw 3 bucks cross the road chasing does the other night in a 10 minute ride home from work.My brother saw 2 the same day in the Poconos. i;m going monday in the rain, good day to walk.

Offline Ron Haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I have been seeing the buck activity start as early as last friday, 17 Oct.  I did see a great buck at the check station this morning.  The biggest worry with me is hitting one then having a sudden downpour.  And away goes the blood trail.  Now it is a serious rain.

Looks like I will just be working on the jeep and then relaxing.  I will be on the evening hunt everyday next week and all day saturday.  I can hunt everyday after work until daylight savings time.
Ron

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2008, 09:35:00 PM »
I bought one of those tree umbrellas. Man that is cool. I went out in the down pour just to get out. I didn't expect to see much. It's so nice to get a little solitude.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline maxfit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »
Tree umbrella.... The most underated piece of equipt .... They are great.
Lu 11:21  When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

Offline Ron Haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2008, 08:05:00 AM »
Well I did not sit in my tree as we all know.  But I did sit in my field last night, even with the wind gusting at 30mph.  I put the hay wagon with a tarp over it in the field.  I sat with no bow, just the binos.  Had some does peeking around my tree.  But with the wind we had I would not even risked taking a shot.  Who know where that arrow would have went.  I thought the hay wagon was going to start to roll away at one point.
Ron

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2008, 09:50:00 AM »
NY was a bummer with heavy rain and wind all day ( sat ). As I looked out the back window and could not see the back mountain due to the rain. I was out Sun morning it was cold and hazy with still rain showers. I sat till 930 am and now just came in the back door. NO buck sign and or seeing any does being pushed by the bucks as yet.
Will go out again at 4 pm till dark...
Bill
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 12:07:00 PM »
Bentpole and I made it out yesterday morning. We sat through a couple of small showers and sat till 10:30 or so. Bentpole had a 6 point around his setup but could not get a clear shot. I saw nothing in the way of deer, but thats hunting. I was glad we made it out befor the heavy rains started around noon. Gonna try it again next weekend.
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©