3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not a bad shot!  (Read 1005 times)

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not a bad shot!
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2008, 07:32:00 PM »
btw, the dude who made a comment about the compound "carbon arrow with little penatration" should take a close look. the deer is bleeding out the other side as well.  there is no way someone could say this is photoshopped, if they would just look at some details, rather than try to disprove it...
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by deermaster1:
btw, the dude who made a comment about the compound "carbon arrow with little penatration" should take a close look. the deer is bleeding out the other side as well, meaning full pentatration.  there is no way someone could say this is photoshopped, if they would just look at some details, rather than try to disprove it...
"I dont want my country to do anything for me, I want to do everything I can do for my country"~~~Ted Nugent

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 07:34:00 PM »
'

Offline deermaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 07:36:00 PM »
well i tried to edit my second post, and ended up quoted myself and making a blank post. soory about that, im not sure how to delete a post...

Offline s_mcflurry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 07:48:00 PM »
@deermaster1:  Ah, but Photoshoppers revel in the details!  They spend hours on things no one else would ever notice.  They're insane in that aspect.  :p   I'm not necessarily saying that it's a Photoshopped picture though - just that it's possible to do so.

Regardless, this is definitely a cool picture, Photoshopped or not.
"Master your instrument, master the music, and then forget all that and just play."
-Charlie Parker

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
66#@29''  That Arrow Should be Stickin In The Ground !!

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2008, 09:37:00 PM »
Not a snowballs chance in **** that pic is real.
Ears flopped down.  Not a single muscle taut.  Belly sagging.  Dead eyes.  Neck layed out.  That blood is splattering above the wound.  THe deer must be on it's way down.  Hows that deer gonna land?  Next pic should've shown the deer faceplanting into the ground. Nice touch to pull the tail out for the photo though.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2008, 09:40:00 PM »
i thought you should see EVERY muscle in that deer ripple with a hit and a jump like that. definitly a "dead" eye if you ask me. i had the same thought on the tail.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2008, 09:51:00 PM »
There is blood on the opposite leg and another deer in the top left corner. Looks like the camera caught the buck after it was hit running from the bait pile. Tail is blurred in motion also so I'd say it's real, too many details. Does look like a compound shot though.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2008, 09:53:00 PM »
Oops didn't see there was a page two when I posted. lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2008, 12:18:00 AM »
If it is real, great, but......I have serious doubts.

I first saw that picture in an email and you could plainly see the trees and sky through the deer's body.  I see where some say that 'ghosting' like that is common in trail camera photos.  ??

I have taken thousands of 35mm and digital pictures and have never had one 'ghost' like that.

If the deer had jumped when shot it would have taken approximately 1/2 second for it to reach that height and I have never seen a deer or any animal exude that amount of blood in that short span of time, no matter what size broadhead.  Zoom in on the picture and you can see blood on the back of the left front hoof, dried blood on the right front leg, and the splatter on the deer's side looks dried and brown.

I say again that it is a cool photoshop image.  Dead deer laying on the ground and superimposed on the cuddeback image.

Offline TomMcDonald

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2008, 03:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by Aeronut:
If it is real, great, but......I have serious doubts.

I first saw that picture in an email and you could plainly see the trees and sky through the deer's body.  I see where some say that 'ghosting' like that is common in trail camera photos.  ??

I have taken thousands of 35mm and digital pictures and have never had one 'ghost' like that.

If the deer had jumped when shot it would have taken approximately 1/2 second for it to reach that height and I have never seen a deer or any animal exude that amount of blood in that short span of time, no matter what size broadhead.  Zoom in on the picture and you can see blood on the back of the left front hoof, dried blood on the right front leg, and the splatter on the deer's side looks dried and brown.

I say again that it is a cool photoshop image.  Dead deer laying on the ground and superimposed on the cuddeback image.
I think this is the image you speak of.

Offline Aeronut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
Yep.  That be the one.

Dennis

Offline Richie Nell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2008, 04:01:00 PM »
AdamH.....My 66@29 didn't shoot that deer
Richie Nell

Black Widow
PSA X Osage/Kingwood 71#@31

Offline wollybear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
o,yea!!  :p

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2008, 10:45:00 AM »
I use Photoshop all the time, I was a professional photographer for a long time, question for you, look closely at the deer, why can you see skyline all the way through the deer.  Dead giveaway, because the two shutter speeds, and also the apertures, were different when two photos were taken, and then sandwiched together.  it's the hardest thing to cover up when your are using photoshop, with two different densities of exposures.

I know that you don't know me, but I have worked with photo shop for over 15 years.  And this photo was done in photoshop 7, a newer version would have taken out that skyline and would have done a better job.  If it was not too different exposures, you would have the upper body totally blurred because of the motion.  And the strength of a flash on a normal trail camera would not have been able to stop the motion.

As far as a compound shot, that's just a dumb statement.  You can see that the arrow was behind the shoulder, it is angled towards the other shoulder blade, chances are it hit a shoulder bone on the other side, but like someone said, there's blood on the other leg, either the deer did some fancy acrobatics.  Or that shot went all the way through to where the Brodhead is sticking out the other side.

Funny somebody didn't say " it's a low poundage traditional bow" wonder why.  Not defending compound bows, but they are just people with different equipment, using one bow or another doesn't make us " better ".

Let's think before we say things about those that are " hunters also" if we don't stick together, it won't be good for either of us.

By the way the second thing that gives away the photoshop, is the difference in the grain, on the deer vs. the forest.  The grain on the deer is tight, and the grain on the grass directly under the deer is not, dead giveaway also.  A third thing, there is no shadow, and there would be some type of shadow if that was a single photo.  And why is the blood pattern going up, instead of down as the deer goes up ?

Having said all that, I will tell you, I've been wrong before, but on this one has too many questions.

But also, like someone said " photosop or not cool photo"

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline SoNevada Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »
That's amazing!
The doom of man...that he forgets!

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
I think DeerSpotter has Spottered the flaw in the plan..
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2008, 05:09:00 AM »
"why can you see skyline all the way through the deer"

iv seen a few trail cam pics blur or ghost like that Carl

There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Ron Haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2008, 05:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ray_G:
Not trying to stir it but that looks like corn in the lower right corner.  Is that legal and where?  What do ya'll think of the ethics of it?  I don't consider deer feral animals.

Ray
In many states it is legal to use some sort of food for bait for deer.  I am not sure about the state in which this picture is taken, but I know here in NJ it is a leagal means of attracting deer.
Ron

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©