3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not a bad shot!  (Read 1006 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not a bad shot!
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2008, 07:15:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron Haines:

Originally posted by Ray_G:
Not trying to stir it but that looks like corn in the lower right corner.  Is that legal and where?  What do ya'll think of the ethics of it?  I don't consider deer feral animals.

Ray
In many states it is legal to use some sort of food for bait for deer.  I am not sure about the state in which this picture is taken, but I know here in NJ it is a leagal means of attracting deer. [/b]
Yep, up til this year it’s been legal here in MI with some restriction as to amount and dispersement.  It's now been banned in lower MI but is still legal in the upper peninsula.

I think the pic is a fake.    The edges of the deer are too clean like it was cut and pasted.   The deer seem like its in a odd position.  The eyes looked fogged and you can see a faint white outline/border around some of the edges. Etc, etc.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 29, 2008, 09:15:00 AM »
Never seen a deer take flight to that extent after a shot. This one appears to be about 5ft off the ground, pasted picture of a dead deer in my opinion.

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008, 09:30:00 AM »
Once again I'am gonna say...man thats a trip.   bowdoc

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2008, 09:47:00 AM »
I'll explain the reason for the trail cameras reason for doing that.  But understand whenever our trail camera takes a photo and you see the background(all the way through the object) is because of the aperture that is used, I will explain it in this way.

This past weekend I was saying in a ground blind, it was made up of thistles that were about four and half feet high, I got settled and and realized I could not see the corn that I was setting up on, but when I took my binoculars 10X42, the thistles disappeared looking through the binoculars, that's because they were close to me, and lens and binoculars defused the thistles.  After that I could see definite path through the thistles that allowed me see if a deer was going one way or another.

It's the same with the lens on a trail camera, but the difference between playing two photos together is that you'll see just the highlights, like the photo that you gave as an example, you can see completely through the antlers, not so when you sandwich of photos together.

I have to quit this, I'll end up going back to my old business, that's a scary thought.

Dealing with the old Cinderella attitude, those brides have to be perfect for one day !  Don't want that again.  Maybe I'll take up nature photography, naaaa.

No doubt it is a neat idea for photo fun.  But realistically, the photos that most you guys hang onto, are the ones you missed !  They are memories forever, and you take the shot over, and over, and over in your mind.  Those are the best ones.

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »
makes sense on the blurring Carl thanks, good explanation.

i know a lot of photographers quit doing wedding shoots for the same reason you mentioned...and i don't blame you   :D  

:thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2009, 03:43:00 AM »
I think it is real.
Look at his tail. It has a moshion blur.
Also it looks like the camera flashed and the lvl. of the flash are all equal in the picture.
And yes it looks like he is shooting over a pile of corn.
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline Bullet_Bob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2009, 03:57:00 AM »
Also questions. If he was dead when they took the picture. Would there be more of blood running straight down or towards the rear of the deer? Looks to me like the blood shows that he was just shot because there is very little. Also the arrow is just in the front leg, in the flap of meat. If he ran a ways would it have torn more and opened up?
"Quit, don't quit? Noodles, don't noodles? You are too concerned about what was and what will be. There is a saying: yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present." - Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2009, 06:32:00 AM »
:rolleyes:     "[dntthnk]"
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2009, 07:58:00 AM »
Here is the same picture before it was cleaned up with Photo Shop