3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: anyone tried "deer dirt" yet?  (Read 302 times)

Offline DRR324

• Trad Bowhunter
anyone tried "deer dirt" yet?
« on: October 27, 2008, 07:31:00 AM »
Browsing the other day, came across Don Higgins website and his recommendation of deer dirt.  You can read it at  www.higginsoutdoors.com/.   Has anyone tried it- and if so- how were the results?
CLick on his products link.
Thanks
Dave
Pittsley Predator Classic
53# @ 28"
Easton Axis FMJ Camo-400's w/150g RazorCaps

"Dad, know what I like most about deer hunting?  The adrenaline rush you get when you know your going to get a shot at one"- my son Tyler after his first miss..

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: anyone tried "deer dirt" yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 08:50:00 AM »
Never used it but worth a shot? with all the crazy things people come up with these days. Gonna start usng a trail camera to evaluate some scents this year, see what really works.

Might get some of this guys stuff and try it, normally lost alot of faith in all these scents and don't use any at all. The only scent I ever actually saw work with my own two eyes was some from Bob Kirschner(sp?) a curiosity scent, that two days came in to iinvestigate from downwind.

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 09:43:00 AM »
As long as there is something to buy, someone will buy it.  You know you can find lots of deer stuff already in the woods...some of it in little pellets that would fit nicely in a little jar.    :saywhat:

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:00 AM »
Don Higgins and Bobby Worthington are the two who turned me on to this idea.  It's not really that you are trying to get a buck to begin using your scrape on a regular basis.  It's more to get a buck cruising through to stop and give you a relaxed shot while he checks it out.  I also think that it is useful for getting trail cam pics in your area.  Once you put the scrape out, you never have to go near it again due to the fact that the soil is actually waterproof.  I can't tell you of any results yet, but I am trying it out this season.

Online non-typical

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
Sounds like the stuff Hunters Specialties was selling a few yrs ago. They had Tom Miranda hawking it on video.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Tradgang member #160

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©