3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: eaglecaps elk hunt 09  (Read 499 times)

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
eaglecaps elk hunt 09
« on: October 28, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
howdy folks...i have had a lot of response to the hunting trip as to people wanting to go along with us..you are more than welcome to come with us but it will cost you 1500.00 per hunter and 500.00 per non hunter..thing is i need to know soon who will be going because i need to book trip with outfitter.another thing that i feel is important..if we have a group of more than 4 hunters then we will have more than one camp because it will do no good to have 7-8 guys hunting same area,my whole reason for this trip is to call ben in a bull that he will likely never have the chance at again,i have hunted elk my entire life and while yes i will have my tag thats secondary in my book of importance.i really just intend to spend the rest of my hunting career taking people hunting,i get just as much out of it seeing a first timer stick a bull as i do shooting one myself..i have talked this over with my chief (momma) and this hunt drawing will an annual event...one year for people who cannot afford it then the next year everyone can enter.i also will be getting free stuff from sponsers for winning hunter from knives and binocs to bows and whatever else i can talk'em out of.  :D   thanks for your time,good day to you fellow hunters
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: eaglecaps elk hunt 09
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 04:43:00 PM »
Larry, who is the outfitter you are using? Del Sol?
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline gatorgar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
You sir are a true gentleman.  What a great thing to do for the trad community.  Maybe next year I will be able to collect enough money and join ya'll, just for the pleasure of meeting someone as generous as yourself.

Alex
Sarrel's BlueRidge Takedown Longbow 3pc
62" 53#@28"
Easton XX75 400   250gr up front
Have you noticed that the times you don't get nothing while hunting, are usually the most fun you've ever had.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:00:00 PM »
was planning on using jeff artly snag....he bought wilderness outfitters from otis wagoner...you know somebody else i should call?
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 05:10:00 PM »
thanks for the compliment gator....just doin what needs to be done  :wavey:

Offline BrianfromTulsa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »
I want to thank you for this too, I did not enter this year but you can bet I'll be in the running next time.  Very generous offer.

Brian

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2008, 05:33:00 PM »
Pm sent

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2008, 08:48:00 PM »
pm sent
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline warder1268

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2008, 09:27:00 PM »
One other thing I might add is that those folks who are going will need to be in pretty decent shape to get the most out of the hunt.  I live on the foothills of the Eaglecaps (Joseph, Or) and have hiked them this summer and the are a challenge to just hike through.  I would love to go hunting with you, but probably not until next year.  I am trying to go hog hunting with my dad which will deplete my funds too much.

I have yet to kill an elk with my bow, so would love to be able to go with you year after next.  I have killed a few in Colorado, but with rifles or muzzleloaders, but never a bow.  

Good luck to all who are going and let me know if I can help in some way.  This is truly a great gesture.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2008, 09:38:00 PM »
warder...we are going to be back in the minam meadows area where it's not to steep but yes conditioning is of grave concern if a person starts wandering around in the hills.thanks for pointing it out.sounds like you are going sept 2010 then eh ? cool..lookin forward to meeting you.....larry

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
i have had several ideas of a raffle of some sort for a second hunter to go...any ideas ? will a moderator or admin want to be in control of this aspect of it ? as in taking monies and sending monies and winner name to outfitter,notifiying winner,drawing name etc. terry green ? anybody interested in this ?  :help:

Offline Terry in Ore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2008, 11:39:00 PM »
Just make sure you chase them my way!! I'll be south of you  :bigsmyl:

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 12:29:00 AM »
no chance man....we will be hunting in a big bowl and the elk will run up one side then right back down toward us  :D    :D    :campfire:    :D

Offline BEN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 10:13:00 AM »
"Terry in Ore"---------------how far south are you going to be hunting?  I ask because I'm hoping its far enough that when you chase the elk our way, they'll be so tired from running that they will just line up nicely for a nice close shot.   :bigsmyl:      :campfire:  

Ben
Ben
M.O.A.B  54# Thunderstick
Ancient Spirits 62# "Thunderhawk"
Browning Wasp 45#

"VEGETARIAN"----Old Indian word for "BAD HUNTER".

Offline BryanB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:45:00 PM »
Here are a few pictures from my Eagle Cap hunt this year.
Bryan

Offline warder1268

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
That looks like the mountains here for sure and hunting those slopes can be a bit rough.  I took a 20 mile hike this last year with a pack and thought I was going to die.  Of course, I have put on a few pounds in the past couple of years.  Ok, a few more than a few.  

Again, if anyone wants to get together for breakfast, let me know.  Also, Fox Archery is just down the road in Wallowa which would not be a bad place to visit.

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2008, 07:47:00 PM »
nice bryan...what part of the caps were you in? looking to go back? kill anything? c'mon man lets here the story..lol  :banghead:    :banghead:

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
we can meet for breakfast or at archery shop either one is cool by me..the area we are going into is the north minam meadows which is not bad at all if you stick to the bowl area of valley.it can get steep if you go up and forget to turn around   :D  overall though its pretty nice and loads of elk.if you have google earth you can type in 'eagle cap wilderness area'and look it over...bye for now  :thumbsup:

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 08:03:00 PM »
I camped up at Glacier Lake. Those brookies and some wild onions on the eastside of the lake sure do fry up nicely! The evening entertainment was watching a band of 5 mountain goats crest the saddle to the southeast and take dust bathes in a small bowl up near the top.

Offline Terry in Ore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
Dream on Ben  If I'm hunting them right they won't be going anywhere  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©