3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tuning?  (Read 204 times)

Offline Austin Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
Tuning?
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:10:00 PM »
Have made my first attempt at bare shaft tuning with carbon arrows and the bare shafts are hitting pretty close to the fletched shafts.  I'm shooting a 56@28 Kohannah Fury(not center shot) and draw pretty close to 28.  What I'm coming up with is CE 150's cut to 30 inches with 225 up front.  Seems to me would be weak, but doesn't show that way.  Fletched shafts visually fly well.  Anyway I'm just wondering if this is reasonable or possible that they should fly well like this?
Joshua 24:15
As for me and my house,we will serve the Lord.

Offline luv2bowhunt

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tuning?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:15:00 PM »
If they are bare shaft tuning well I would go with them. I would expect them to need to be a tad on the week side for a non-center shot bow... I am sure that other more qualified individuals will be along shortly to corroborate what I think or to call me a liar  :D
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values and with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God."

Fred Bear

Offline Paul Mattson

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »
There is no reason for them to fly weak.  Look's like you are right on the money.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
Now try 6 fletched 3 with field points and 3 with broadheads and tune from there, sounds like you just about got it
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 05:44:00 PM »
Thats the whole purpose of bareshaft tuning,to get the shafts to fly well for you and the bow you are shooting.Remember like you said your bow is not cut to center.You might have to trim shorter or reduce point weight if you were shooting a recurve with a shelf cut past center.They are fly good I'd shoot them.Carbon arrows recover quicker,you could most likely tune CE 250's but you would need to leave them longer and maybe more point weight.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©