3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Its finally all coming together.....  (Read 187 times)

Offline brackshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Its finally all coming together.....
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »
I am not afraid to admit I am a bowoholic.  In the last 3 years since I got into trad, I have owned probably 30 different curves and longbows, many of different makes, all of them very nice, but for some reason, none of them seemed to fit me as well as I wanted.  I figured out that I cant shoot longbows for crap, and that short recurves,60" and shorter, are not for me as well.  It seems I have finally found the setup for me.  64" Chastain Wapiti one piece, 63#@31", setup with bear weatherrest and shooting vanes.  Arrows just seem to go where they should, they fly excellent, and I am rather excited about not ruining feathers everytime I go out in the Oregon rain/brush.  I am very excited to hunt our late season, which starts in three weeks, and for the first time in a long time, I know that if something gives me a clear shot, I will be taking home meat.  Its great when it all comes together.

Offline BUFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Its finally all coming together.....
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:29:00 PM »
good luck on your hunt

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
Sounds good Brackshooter! Glad to hear it is all feeling comfortable and a part of you! I am looking forward to the late season too. I have a Blacktail recurve that has a desire to shoot a blacktail buck! lol  I went through several bows also. I tried recurves then went to longbows and now I am where I want to be with the recurve. Hope to see some pics of you with a buck this year!
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline SpankyNeal

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 04:47:00 PM »
Glad to hear it's coming together for you Mitch! Good luck with the late season!

Ken
Ken "Spanky" Neal

4 Sunset Hills and counting!

66" 59# "White Dragon"
65" 56# "El Tigre"
67" 47# "Quiet Places"
66" 57# "Lionheart"

"Speed is vital, however it is absolutely worthless when you exchange it for stability and accuracy"...John Schulz

Offline brackshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 01:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the replys boys.  Snag, I want to see pics of you with your buck as well.  I know you have some good ones runnin in your neck of the woods.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©