3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: arrow weight and bow noise  (Read 939 times)

Offline T.L

• Trad Bowhunter
arrow weight and bow noise
« on: January 02, 2007, 04:20:00 PM »
Hello all.  I have some questions about the relationship between arrow weight and bow noise, specifically is a point of diminishing returns? For example, once you go above 12g.p.p there is no difference in how quiet the bow is going to shoot.
The reason I ask is I am looking for some shafts for a recurve which should be here in the next few months. I would like to have a quiet bow but do not want to go overboard with the arrow weight. Does anyone have any opinions/suggestions?
thanks,
 Tom.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow weight and bow noise
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
The weight of the arrow is only one factor in a quiet bow and to me not all that important. Proper brace and the placement of a couple silencers is much more important. I shoot mostly 8-10gpp. amd my recurves are very quiet. A bit of velcro in the string grooves helps also. I find carbon even though lighter in weight than wood is just as quiet. I do not shoot aluminum as I think it is noisy at the shot(Not the bow) but the arrow itself and it does not hold up well for the type of shooting I do. Shawn
Shawn

Offline TSHOOTER

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: arrow weight and bow noise
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
CHECK OUT THE NEW TBM.  IT HAS A COUPLE OF GOOD ARTICLES ON THE SUBJECT OF QUIETING BOWS.
He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son does not have life.  (1 John 5:12)

PBS
TGMM Family of the Bow
P&Y
Comptons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©