3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Advice from Montanans  (Read 728 times)

Offline steve anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
Advice from Montanans
« on: March 03, 2007, 02:30:00 PM »
Son is going to Montana..trying to find a job.  He loves the outdoors and hunting, Minnesota doesn't offer him much. He leaves monday for Bozeman/Big Sky area.
Progress is a word that should imply an improvement in the quality of life, but rarely does.   A.B. Guthrie

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Advice from Montanans
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
Should be able to get work as a construction laborer, maybe Walt will chime in with some advice as he lives there.  So does Randy Morin. When are you moving out here?  Check your email and give him my new phone number and tell him to call if he gets in a pickle  :thumbsup:  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline steve anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 03:26:00 PM »
Thanks Joseph  :notworthy:
Progress is a word that should imply an improvement in the quality of life, but rarely does.   A.B. Guthrie

Offline PrarrieDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
There's so many jobs in Wyoming. we can't give them away!. If he doesn't find what he wants in Montana, have him come down here. Some employers are even offering a sign-up bonus.
Prarrie Dog

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
Steve,
You have a PM.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Barclay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
Hi Steve,
   My wife and I and our 2 daughters live in Missoula. Your son will do well, especially if he's willing to take a lesser job than his dream job at first.
   I loaded my pickup and drove to Boulder, CO from PA in 1992. I stayed one night in a motel and signed a lease on an apartment the next day. Worked picking up scrap from trimmers and framers for a month till I found full time temp work and then a permanent job in CAD drafting and design. My future wife came out to CO a month after I did and also worked temp jobs for a month or so till she found a position. We were both college grads but took what was available.
  Subscribing to a couple local papers in different areas for a few months before making the move helps give you an idea of what the communities are like, jobs, real estate, etc..
   Contact me here if he needs a hand. Don't worry too much Dad, he'll love it!
Tim

Offline steve anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 08:16:00 AM »
Thanks alot, I really appreciate this

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Steve, PM sent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©