3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I'm All Screwed Up......  (Read 221 times)

Offline TradPaul

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm All Screwed Up......
« on: October 30, 2008, 10:56:00 PM »
…The other day I chose a whole new area to hunt, I did this because I found a monster of a track and had to know what was there. Since I haven’t had much time to hunt lately and every time I have gone out in the last 2 weeks and have barely seen any deer at all. I decided to hunt at 1pm, with hopes that I would catch a Buck in the Chase mode of his pre-rut.
    So as I was enjoying my day in my natural blind I closed my eyes to just feel the crisp breeze and contemplated taking a nap…for some reason I opened my eyes and just new that I would be looking at a deer to my left and across the stream in front of me. BAM there he was, slowly and methodically picking his way along the trail I was hunting. He would stop every few steps and test the air, or just stand and look around. unbelievably it took him about 5 minutes to go 30 feet. So as I was trying not to count ALL of his 12 POINTS!!!!!!!! And trying to catch my breath and not pass out from oxygen deprivation, I narrowed my eyes told myself that I am THE hunter (sounds cheesy I know) I repeated my mantra over and over “Pick a Spot” as I was bringing my bow up with his head behind a log…Huh!!…My lower limb caught on a branch and was snagged. Thinking it would be alright if I just tugged to free it and let it fall, I would have enough time to draw and place my arrow…Not to be…oh I tugged all right, and it fell alright, and then it made a loud sound in the leaves and that big ‘ol boy was running, I don’t even know if he saw me or not, I just know that when I pulled to full draw thinking that I would put one in him before he got going, he went and switched directions and ran the other way leaving me looking in the wrong direction…IDIOT!!!!
    Boy was he big. 12 points with a big full body, maybe 5yrs or so. The biggest I had ever seen with my own two eyes. I’m now calling him the “King”. Now the reason I’m all screwed up is because after I went hunting this evening I had a beautiful big Doe right in front of me, posing for a shot at 15 yards and I didn’t take it…What!!!!…I have been waiting for a big ‘ol doe all season and now all I can think of is the “King”. I didn’t drop the string on her because I thought that maybe the “King” would be on her trail and I wanted a shot at him instead. He’s got me all loco, all I can think of is getting back into the woods for another crack at him. Anyway I’ll be spending a goodly portion of tomorrow in the woods at the spot I originally spotted him…wish me luck.

P.
"Dont let whats good, steal you away from whats best"

Offline Danny Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: I'm All Screwed Up......
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2008, 02:02:00 AM »
Stay after 'em and Good Luck !!!

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2008, 06:49:00 AM »
DOOH!  Think it was his lucky day. Better luck next time Paul!
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 08:30:00 AM »
I hunted a similar buck last year, all season. I never even laid eyes on him. The only reason I knew he existed was from the trail cam pics. I passed 7 other bucks that fall too. Never took one because I "KNEW" the second I did, he would walk right under me (1 buck limit). Now that didn't make it a bad season for me. Just the opposite frankly. I had a great time and got to hunt hard the whole season.

My point is, think about what's important to you and set your priorities from there, then go have fun. That's really what it's all about, isn't it?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©