3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Are you a "2 Season Hunter" ?????  (Read 1318 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Are you a "2 Season Hunter" ?????
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2008, 06:13:00 PM »
Yeah i might starve if I relied on the bow for meat. LOL! since it is trad gang I will levae it at that!

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »
Haven't rifle hunted in 25+ yrs
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline MikeC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2008, 07:53:00 PM »
If I had to choose only one type to hunt with for the rest of my life I would choose my flintlocks.

There is no finer feeling than walking the woods or fields with an exceptional hand made, historically correct flintlock rifle or smoothbore.
1 Corinthians 1:18

For the word of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us who are saved it is the power of God.

Offline BowHuntingFool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 08:29:00 PM »
I love taking the Flintlock in the woods almost as much as the Longbow! Two different beast but I hunt with them the same way I always do, the Flinter just has about another 40 yards more than the longbow! I like getting them in close no matter the weapon!
>>>---Joe Bzura---->

Big River Longbow 66" 52# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 66" 47# @ 28"
Big River Longbow 62" 52# @ 28"
Big River Recurve 60" 48# @ 28"
NewWood Longbow 58" 45# @ 28"

Wisconsin Traditional Archers
      Ojibwa Bowhunters

Offline Tioga

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
I went from 1980 until 1995 without participating in a firearms deer season. Strictly bow. In 1996, I got the itch to smell gunpowder in the December deer woods again. Now I look as forward to sneaking around the snow covered ridges with my 45/70 as do hanging in a tree on a frosty October morning.  :)
Alleghenny Mtn Bow 48@27
Gold Tips
Wensel Woodsmen

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 08:38:00 PM »
I still hunt with the shotgun and muzzleloader some, but not much. I usually hunt 3 or 4 days with the guns as I like to still get out with my friends. I have a bow only area so i bow hunt mostly! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Widowbender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »
I've killed deer with about everything, pistols (glock30, 1911, contender 45/70) black powder, rifles, shotguns, compounds, etc. Killed several turkeys with shotguns, too. Now, the only way I hunt is with my recurves or longbow. I will take my son hunting with a gun, but he is the one doing the shooting.

David
David

>>>>--TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow-->

Chatham County Chapter NWTF
Chapel Hill Friends of NRA

Offline BRITTMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2008, 08:56:00 PM »
I bow hunt thru muzzle loader the pull out my vintage (60's Model) A 336 3030 for a few weeks and go back to bow . I like to change things up in Dec. and do a little small game / stump shooting  along with my deer hunting . Might try Turkey hunting this spring  with my longbow .

Mike
" Live long and prosper "

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
Im with Rooselk, yes I'm a 2 season hunter, I hunt elk and deer seasons, both with a longbow...PR
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline dan ferguson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 02:32:00 PM »
They close bows down during rifle season here, so I hunt with rifle except this year which will be my grandsons first year I,m going to do my dangness to see he gets his first, also rifle is kinda family tradition, got to go trad.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
Im 51 years old and have never hunted with a fire arm in my life. Didnt start out to do it that way and dont have anything aganst it just havent done it.

As far as extending my season i hunt all year around here in California, havent hunted deer in about 20 years it gets in the way of my hog hunting.

Im tring turkey hunting in about 2 weeks from now and in 4 years i move to Arkansas so the not deer hunting thing might change.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline BobW

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2008, 02:56:00 PM »
.58 caplock during gun season
"A sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine"
>>---TGMM-Family-of-the-Bow--->
Member: Double-T Archery Club, Amherst, NY
St. Judes - $100k for 2010 - WE DID IT!!!!

Offline Chris Lantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2008, 03:17:00 PM »
I've only hunted Deer with a rifle for one season and now use the bow exclusively for them. For Turkey and occasionally Rabbits and Grouse the shotgun goes with me. I have been thinking about getting a side lock muzzleloader though, seems like they would be fun to shoot and possibly a good option to use in the late muzzleloader season to fill a tag.

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2008, 04:35:00 PM »
T.C. Omega during gun season, Never got much satisfaction out of shootin deer with a gun. but I get a tag anyway, usually after the first day I'm so aggravated with the crowds of people, I just shoot a doe and become camp cook.  :biglaugh:  I wish they would let us bowhunt during gun season here.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
Dad used to pull me out of school for a week of deer camp before I was even old enough to hunt, rifle season is our time to hunt together. Been that way for 35 yrs. Dad got rheaumatoid artheritis back in the 50s and crippled himm up pretty bad so he never could draw a bow, he's tried.

Wouldnt miss the first week of deer season with the old man for nothin! So I'll dust off the ol 30-30 and go park my butt on my stump.

Eric

Eric

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2008, 12:02:00 PM »
More then double on 2 season hunters..hummmmmmmm interesting to say the least...bowdoc

Offline swampjoe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
I'm a hunter and I hunt as much as I can using the appropriate weapon for the season.  We are priveleged indeed to have the choices we do.  :thumbsup:

Offline LoneWolf73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2008, 05:15:00 PM »
Usually attempt to shoot something with each of my weapons, whether it be Bows, Handguns, Muzzleloaders, Flintlocks, Shotguns,or Rifles. They all provide me great opportunities. Enjoy all my toys!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways-BOW in one hand-ARROWS in the other-Body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming-WOO HOO! WHAT A RIDE!

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I have only hunted with a bow since the middle 80's. My youngest son 10 hunt's with a rifle and my 13 year old a "training wheel" bow. My youngest say's he want't to be a "gun hunter" the older is ready to shed the wheel's. I just hope they both keep hunting!
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2008, 01:40:00 PM »
I take my bow with me all year long, although muzzleloaders look like fun.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©