3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: i'm going to test the human urine in a scrape with trail cam(he is mad, new pic's))  (Read 1907 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i just set my trail cam on an active scrape as i want to see if if peeing in a scrape auctuall works. i set the cam on video to see the reaction. the scrape is at the head of a trail leading to a feild that MANY deer use so i can see the reaction of does as well. i pee'd in it just before i set the camera. also going to bring my dog Norman who is a big Newfoundland and have him go in it to. ole Norman can pee for 2 straight minutes and it stinks, that should really throw off the deer!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Ken,

I don't think the deer can distinguish the difference in the smell of pee. However, I can guarantee they will be able to smell where you or the dog were standing and peeing.

I wouldn't think the pee would bother them, but the particles or smell from Norman's fur, foot pads, your clothes, boots, hair, etc. would be the smell a deer picks up on.

Try peeing in it without Norman there first, and then take him. I'm curious to see the results.

O'Yeah, drink a big ol glass of water before you leave the house.   :D

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i will wait a couple days to take Norm. i had 3 cups of coffee this morning before i went over so it will also test the coffee drinking debate to as many think coffee smells strong when you pee.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
I'd be interested to see the pics as long as you remember turn the cam off before you pee. SKippy   :knothead:
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline BOFF

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by imskippy:
I'd be interested to see the pics as long as you remember turn the cam off before you pee. SKippy    :knothead:  

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Remember, deer can't read, so you don't have to try to spell your name.

This will be an interesting experiment.  May have to try this with dirthole and post sets for trapping coyotes as well.

Offline EIGHTWGT

• Trad Bowhunter
This is going to be interesting....
" Hunt like the Owl - move only your head and your eyes "

Offline gsdmikko

• Trad Bowhunter
when i went to guide school out in montana in the 80's.while in the back country we all used this one tree to pee at at camp..within days the deer had dug a sizeable hole down at that spot.
Follow Your Dreams
" It's better to die Livin'
  Than live Dyin "

Offline Missing Impossible

• Trad Bowhunter
I did just that last night and here is a two pic sequence of the results.  Another forkhorn came in this morning on the same scrape.

Offline Dave Schneider

• Trad Bowhunter
I want to know how you trained your dog to pee on command.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Every time I find a scrape I pee in it. Usually within a couple of days the scrape is twice as large. My best effort about 5 years ago resulted in a scrape over 8 feet long! Now there is a building lot there for sale.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline BLACK WOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
Try farting in it  ;)

Ray  ;)

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
You realize you are gonna have pics of some North country hotties coppin' a squat.  Don't post 'em here; it's a family site.  There are sites that would like them though.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I found a BIG scrape in front of my tree stand this morning!!!!! Unfortunatly, I didn't have to go.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Got To Thinkin'... Maybe if I use my outhouse as a blind I can kill a 12 Pointer! Great Idea Ken!

... mike ...  :p  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
You're not thinking of bottling and selling it are you?

adkmountainken 69!

Just be sure to use a funnel. Those bottles are tiny.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline Featherman

• Trad Bowhunter
Fred Trost host (former) of previous show called "Michigan Outdoors" dispelled all of these scent rumours years ago. So much so that Buck Scents sued him, put him out of business.

I think the judge ruled that Fred was correct, buck he couldn't slander Buck Scents and was therefore found liable, even though he was correct in his research.

Anyone else recall this!!!

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
hopefully i'll have video tommorow as deer were moving tonight in that area.

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
featherman:
    I remember the show; probably moved west before the contraversy... I will do some checkin.

There was a person on this site ( or his twin) that started a rumor about his sucess being do too his use of tampons. To quote him " you tie them up on branches- what do you think those strings are for?".

I remember that fall.... a LOT of people believed him !!!!!!! We will never know the cost measured in divorces and explantions of fishing through the bathroom wastebaskets....

I also recall the efforts of antihunting groups at one time that were invading hunting areas with full bladders and peeing everywhere to ruin our hunting.

:rolleyes:
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Offline Jaz

• Trad Bowhunter
Brian,
I must admit I've used tampons for scent wicks. They were UNOPENED when I aquired them. They make great scent wicks, hold lots of scent and  you can tie 'em to a branch with the string! No I'm not kidding.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©