3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: i'm going to test the human urine in a scrape with trail cam(he is mad, new pic's))  (Read 1906 times)

Offline riot1013

• Trad Bowhunter
Just some food for thought.  Human pee, or any pee for that matter is going to have testosterone or estrogen in it.  After a few hours that is all the deer will smell.  I am assuming at this point in the year he is smelling testosterone that he is not familiar with and it is making him mad because a "buck" that he doesn't know is invading his space.

Riot

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
well "Jeffery" was a no show last night. weather the last couple days has been in the 60's so deer movement is down. i did bring the "research" team with me today. going to throw ole Jeffery for a loop as myself, Gertrude and ole Norman all took a pee in the scrape! here's my crew.

I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
I like the dogs! sorry about the jets shirt:)
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i'm going out to check the camera in a little bit. is there anything anyone would like me to try? it is definite that peeing in the scrape works. i'm a little excited to see todays results from the "crew" taking a squirt in it. i was thinking about maybe making a mock scrape a little way down the trail and putting the camera on that?

Offline snufer

• Trad Bowhunter
Gonna turn that scrape into a water hole if you keep it up!!

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
You gotta love this guy!  Peeing, drinking coffee, peeing, bringing the dogs, peeing, hitting the grunt tube while peeing, and peeing some more!
Nice job, Ken, great thread!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
You should see what some store bought doe in estrous does Ken....
Nice looking Newfies! I have a story about one I will have to tell ya one day.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just shoot him and send me a picture Brother!!!!!   :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Chuck if he does that he won't have an excuse to keep writing about peeing in the woods! LOL
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jamie,
     that is next on my list, i just hate to spend $$ on that stuff. i can remember when Tinks 69 was $4.99 a bottle, now it has shot up to $10!!!  :scared:   whats up with that did the deer go on strike???  :mad:   i will by a bottle for testing sake though. like i said i do know that a Stewarts large coffee works great, drives them mad!  :readit:

Offline oldpaths

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey adkmountainken I've been following this thread and I got to say you have convinced me. Think I'm gonna give it a try myself ,thanks for your experiment   :clapper:  By the way I thought I read in an earlier post you only had 2 of those newfies where did ya get that one in the center?  :biglaugh:
Colossians 3:23

Offline wollybear

• Trad Bowhunter
O yea i will have to give it a try,it will be next week end for me .. keep it up .nice pups  :cool:    :bigsmyl:

Offline GUYZER

• Trad Bowhunter
Hello adkmountainken.I have been following your
experiment since the begining and can`t wait to
see the result.Keep us posted.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF FRED BEAR GUIDE OUR ARROWS.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
i ONLY started doing this test as 2 guys that i know really know their stuff had told me they do it every time they find a scrape. both of these guys are WELL ACPMPLISHED hunters who have killed MANY bucks. i was allways scared to try it as like everyone i was taught to eliminate all scent possible so of course you didn't want to pee where ya hunt! i had used a bottle to pee in forever, just stopped doing it last year when i tested that thery out on here to.  never haave i had a problem with peeing out of my treestand or blind and i have a weak bladder and dring LOTS of coffee! anyways all i can teel you that is if your still scared your going to run a buck of by peeing in his scrape your missing out as IT DOES work.  i choose to do it by my house where i don't hunt a lot but i can check on the scrape every day for results.  learning from this buck to me right now is way more valuable then killing him, this 6 point is safe as i want to watch him as the rut really heats up and gets under way.  i have 2 other areas i hunt hard and will do my meat hunting there. this weekend i will by the doe in heat and try it out in or by his scrape.  i was not kidding when i said i will not pay $$$ for any dominace or buck in rut lure. this buck refreshed this scrape 3 days in a row when i whizzed in it. not sure how much of a response you would get from a honset to goodness deer lure but if i set up to hunt him hard for 3 days and he came to that scrape 3 days in a row becouse of my pee, well i'll take them odds! i am not a trophy hunter but i do enjoy learning what makes the bucks tick and this is just down right fun.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I agree, peeing IS fun.

Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline trapperDave

• Trad Bowhunter
lol

i aint even gonna ask

Offline Magilla

• Trad Bowhunter
I tried this new theory out last night. I hung a new stand over a scrape and relieved myself in it before climbing into the stand for the evening. Around 4:30 a small 4 point came in and fed around me and the scrape for 1 1/2 hours, put his nose in the scrape and never flinched. I thought this may have been due to him being a young buck, so I waited around a little longer . About 5:35 a very nice, heavy 8 pointer came in and stuck his nose in the scrape. This buck bolted out of there....but that could be form the sudden pain he had in his heart. I sent a cedar arrow through him at 15 yards. So to make a long story short, I will never buy those bottled scents again.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Treadway Black Forest 60”  46@28
Treadway Black Forest 60”  47@28

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
YEAHHHHH BABY!!!!! THAT WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!!!!!!!! please add pictures!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Magilla

• Trad Bowhunter
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Treadway Black Forest 60”  46@28
Treadway Black Forest 60”  47@28

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
awesome!! very nice buck.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©