3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bucks are chasing  (Read 282 times)

Offline ductape

• Trad Bowhunter
Bucks are chasing
« on: November 02, 2008, 09:56:00 PM »
Last couple of days the bucks have been chasing hard and with two full weeks till rifle season looks like we get the beginning of the rut for us. Anyone else seeing this kind of action?  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bucks are chasing
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »
They are chasing in Oklahoma also.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 10:24:00 PM »
I was in nebraska this weekend, Lots of scrapes saw some bucks but NO CHASING,  hey were all separate. I wonder if because it was 75* yesterday and 80* today had something to do with it.  I'm lookin forward to next weekend..

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 11:11:00 PM »
Was out both Saturday and Sunday- Saturday I stopped counting at 43 doe and 8 bucks- one really nice shooter but he offered no viable shot- LOTS of chasing in these woods not sure about the rest of the state, Sunday saw no does, 4 bucks all of which walked right under me one stopped and rubbed his nose on my Lone Wolf stick(could'nt believe it but I saw him do it!) then proceeded out to 20 yards made a scrape another ten yards and made another scrape, licked the branches above and did his buisiness...really cool! The crops around here have mostly come out but I was suprised to see so many does moving together, the bucks were separate but still all came in on the same path about a minute apart, they split off and chased does in front of me for about half an hour. I had shots available on many of the does and lesser bucks but the big boy stayed behind me at 12 yards and out, yeah he was big enough that the knees were shakin, I love it. He was a main frame 8 that I field guessed at or in the low 140's - a fine buck for the area I'm in. Hopefully I can see him again before the "if it's brown it's down" gang gets out there.
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline mqqse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 08:10:00 AM »
Yepp, we saw bucks chasing does as much as two weeks ago.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:15:00 AM »
My wife got  her first wiff of a rutting buck over the weekend. He hung up about 10 yards behind her and turned back on his trail. She was hunting over apples and it seems to me he was checking to see if any does were present. Wind was perfect, his head to the ground...just a few more steps...we've all been there.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline John Krause

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:39:00 AM »
We had 4 guys hunting south of Steelville, MO this past weekend and no one saw any chasing. Not much movement.
When a man shoots with a bow it is own vigor of body that drives the arrow,  his own mind controls the missile's flight......His trained muscles and toughened thews have done the work

Offline WoodsyDave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
Have seen lots of bucks roaming lately here in north west Missouri. But, haven't seen any chasing yet.

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 02:11:00 PM »
yeah Friday I had a buck run a doe by the stand at 0930 grunting his head off. Couldn't have hit em if i'd a had a machine gun they came through so fast  :banghead:  .

J
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©