3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whats the odds  (Read 525 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Whats the odds
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:28:00 PM »
that ya found a big bucks bed and then sat IN it instead of off to the side and he came straight to it with you(me actually)standing in it.Than when I shoot I get horn and a major bounce back from my arrow and now bent BH...

whats the odds he'll return to the same area??

4yr old 140 plus 8pt I saw him last yr and he looked to be a solid 130class now he's bigger....and unfortunatly smarter   :banghead:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whats the odds
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:32:00 PM »
I don't know but I bet you wanted to kick your behind.Kip

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 12:34:00 PM »
I think you'll see your Adcock before you see that buck there again.    :D
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
one thing working in your favor is the rut! they forget real quick about anything going on other then breeding does. i bet he stays in the area. maybe come at him from a different angle for a day or so mthen jump right back to his bedding area?
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 12:49:00 PM »
In yrs past my neighbor has hit 2 big ones.I killed 1 and my bud killed the other.A 120 and a 160 both stayed in the same general area which is the same general area as this one I shot at last night.

I'll never see the Adcock after over 5 yrs waiting I took my $$ back and am now shooting a centaur.Anybody still waiting I hope for the best but ya should go with A&H not OL just MHO

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 12:58:00 PM »
Send some of them stupid ones over here!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 01:41:00 PM »
LOL I only mentioned those 2 because it may be relevent however they where both taken with forced movement after the bow season.I'm currently using a centaur 54# at my draw....I dought I'll see him again this yr let alone within stick range I was just asking what the odds are.The swamp is big thick and the wind blows from every dirrection...

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 01:52:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
I think you'll see your Adcock before you see that buck there again.     :D  
ROTFLMAO    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Tom - so what do you "think" you were looking at when you released?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 01:57:00 PM »
He will most likely not come back unless he left behind some personal items near his bed.  :thumbsup:  )
Lon Scott

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »
YEa he was looking exactly right at me when I released.

I was standing in his bed...he walked straight at me to about 10 yrds than scoped me out real good....he didn't like me took 2 quick I don't like this bounds but was still within 15yrds but full alert looking right at me

I drew during the 2 bounds hoping he'd stop where he did....maybe he ducked some but either way I'm pretty sure I gotta chunk of horn and he ain't hanging in my garage......yet

Offline Ben Woodring

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 02:18:00 PM »
If he didn't get a nose full I'd say you'd have a good chance of him sticking around...I'm sure they get a startled pretty often from squirrels, falling walnuts and so forth.  If he didn't connect the ruckus to "human" he may be there right now.  I shot a deer once and hit my grunt tube after the shot..that deer came back to me because he didn't smell me and figured he'd whip up on whatever hit him.  The rut can make'em awful brave...kind of like the human species.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
pretty sure he did not smell me BUT he was spooked before I shot him in the antler

Based on the other 2 from yrs past I dought he'll leave the area entirely but I also dought I'll see him again....unless

What about forced movement with a bow?I've got next Mon and Tues off before the gun season opens the following weekend??

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 04:33:00 PM »
Tom.....I only thought stuff like that happened to me  :)   Well....on our place....you'd probably never see that deer again.  At least for the rest of this year.

Just curious....why were ya aim'n at his horns????   :p

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 04:57:00 PM »
Your funny Brett hahahahahahahahaha hope your season is going well

I saw him 1 time last yr he was heading my way till the wind shifted...he got within 80yrds of me and it was like somebody slapped him

No wind shift yesterday and 10 yrds at eye level can really get the heart pumpin

not likely I'll see him again I know,thats whats so upsetting about it,I've not had an oppertunity that close at that size critter in over 30yrs of deer hunting.....140plus only 8pts and I do know what I'm looking at size wise... grrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 05:20:00 PM »
Well he's only a 137 or so now after that shot probably.     :rolleyes:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steertalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:00 PM »
I really do know how ya feel Tom.  About 5 or 6 years ago I had a 6x6 bull walk right to me then turn broadside at about 12 yards...... shot him in the back of his antlers  :knothead:   I've been there and done it, so to speak.  That's why I felt like it was OK to razz ya.  Sorry man!  I really do hope you get another crack at him.

Brett
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold:  its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual like.  If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within."  Joseph Stalin

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2008, 06:08:00 PM »
Well Tom...what ya should have done...since you shoot a longbow....

Douse yourself with doe urine or doe in estrus...layed down flat in his bed...  :eek:    :saywhat:  

When he approached...he either would have came running in and jumped on you...or came close enough trying to figure out "Who's sleeping in my bed?"....Then you could have raised the bow up slightly...from the prone position and sent the arrow in his general direction.  :thumbsup:  

The odds right now....even Vegas wouldn't touch that...  :jumper:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
No problem with the razzing I'm good with that LOL besides I shot BH's on lunch today same as most other days and was spot on go figure heck I drilled a treerat the day before from my stand with a BH

I've got a long weekend coming up 4 maybe 5 days it aint over yet

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2008, 07:06:00 PM »
Good luck SB! Im sure you will get another glimpse of him.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2008, 07:37:00 PM »
sorry bud....but that's funny  :biglaugh:  really...I'm trying not to laugh to hard, sure wish the whole scene had gotten on film. I bet it'd be a toss up between the expression on the deers face or yours. Now stop lookin' at those big racks and pick a spot!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©