3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Enigma Camo  (Read 257 times)

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Enigma Camo
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:47:00 PM »
Needing to purchase a new set of camo and came across the Enigma Camo website.  Looks like well-made gear in Wolfskin.  Do any of you have experience with the camo pattern and/or the quality of the clothing?  Thanks.
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Enigma Camo
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »
I've not had first hand experience but I've heard from a few who have purchased their gear and have been pleased with the quality and service.  Every item is custom made so personal adjustments/options can be made.  I prefer the ASAT and Predator Fall brown pattern personally.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Interesting pattern. I'm still sold on the now defunct Tru-Woods pattern with the strong vertical solid mass and positive/negative contrasts. Color doesn't seem to matter as much as pattern to my experience...

But as many suggest, scent and movement are bigger factors.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 03:56:00 PM »
Enigma might as well be called Digital ASAT. It looks like they uploaded ASAT to a digital fabric printer slightly modified the pattern and added some "frosting" to the twisting bars to add artificial depth/light and shadow. As ASAT is in my opinion the best camo pattern ever invented Enigma which I feel is so similar will work fine. I will stick with the original myself.Maybe it's playground ethics but I don't think copycats should be rewarded.
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 07:35:00 PM »
I'm not sure Enigma is such a copy of ASAT.  Perhaps they use similar philosophies and therefore have certain characteristics that are the same.  And regardless, I'm not sure that taking someone's idea and improving on it (or attempting to) is a bad thing.  Another plus for Enigma camo is that it is completely made in the USA and they will work with you to make what you need size and design wise.  Anyway, I am hoping to hear from those who have experience with the gear.  Thanks for the imput.

Offline RightTrailWrongTime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 07:56:00 PM »
Enigma isn't a copy of asat, the co-owner of asat was displeased with the other partner and went out on his own. I had supper with him and a friend and looked at the beggining stages of this camo about three years ago, it was neat to watch him manipulate the pattern on his laptop. My buddy runs a small video production company called UCit1st outdoors and I accompanied him on this for a third eye so to speak, I still like asat and don't own any of the Enigma patterns since I've gone almost exclusively to wool and I've always been a bigger fan of the predator line. If you look on the trophy phots area several of my buddies are pictured there, it appears to be another functional pattern that I would wear but only if it came in wool. It seems I've had most of the other materials which maybe for early season would suffice but I hunt mostly in the midwest and most of the time it's fairly cold.
ONLY IN THE WOODS AND FIELDS DO I FEEL ALIVE, LIKE A HUNTER FROM TIMES PAST, ALTHOUGH THE HISS OF MY ARROW GOES FORTH, I AM TAKEN BACK, IT IS MY ESCAPE...

Offline AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2008, 05:05:00 PM »
ttt

Offline George D. Stout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 09:10:00 AM »
Note to self:  Check you dinner guests for laptops prior to saying grace   :rolleyes:    

Camo design changes are made for human eyes.  I think the old tiger stripe from the 70's was about as good as one could get in break-up design; it was black vertical lines on gray.  How many different designs are there nowadays?
Most camo today is actually much too dark.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©